1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: UPDATED: Per Todd Archer Robert Brewster to Miss Season *Post 259*

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Section444, Jul 27, 2009.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    From what I've read, he'll be ready for training camp?

Am I missing something?
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,257 Likes Received
    Almost entirely my own paranoia. Foot injuries for guys that size are hard to come back from. The fact that he tried to come back on it early last year and coulnd't, and then was supposed to be ready for OTAs and that got pushed back to training camp has got me spooked.
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    Paranoia noted.
  4. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Procter should not be allowed to spot anyone!
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I actually don't see this happen to often, at all, in the gym when I'm going. The only time this happens is if someone doesn't stretch properly, has poor technique, or is trying to push up more weight than they can handle. If you're stretching properly, lifting properly, and not trying subbornly to lift more than you can actually lift then the chances of this happening are quite slim.

Now since I wasn't there I don't know what happened with this cat, it could just be one of those bad luck, dang it, moments. They happen on occassion. But this isn't something you see often in a gym. Or maybe I'm just lucky for the gym I've been in. *Shrugs*

No. People become extreme homers the moment they don't hit the panic button every chance possible.

Interesting...so where are these 'facts' that the Giants draft lineman well? As it looks to me 3 of their 5 starters, just like ours, didn't get drafted by them. They've drafted 2 starters for their team, same as us, in the same time frame and apparently their guys don't last any longer in the league, or are any more than the guys we've drafted for the most part.

So where are all these supposed 'facts' I kept reading about being out there and thrown down about the Giants being able to know how to draft O-Lineman?

The Cowboys aren't great at drafting O-Line. In fact they're quite average. They seem to find serviceable guys, for a few years for themselves or someone else, but not a lot of studs.

Pretty much like the GMen apparently.
  6. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,008 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    terrible news this especially before the training camp.I wonder if the training staff are pushing the rookies too hard.
  7. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,268 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    The training staff aren't culpable for these types of injuries whatsoever. Pectoral tears are quite common within a professionally monitored weight room environment.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I don't think they're neccesarily common but they happen from time to time, just sucks that he won't get a chance to show anything so we'll go into the draft next year still not knowing much about our depth since it's basically the same crew as last year.
  9. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    This makes me a sad panda.
  10. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This. We are going to regret not drafting William Beatty big time. He's gonna turn into a hell of a player for the Giants.
  11. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    You are a big blue meanie !
  12. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who's the last Cowboy to tear his pec lifting weights?
  13. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great pick, Jerry.
  14. DallasEast

28,268 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    You know what? I don't recall, but that's irrelevant. These things happen all the time, especially in the presence of weight and strength training coaches.
  15. DallasEast

28,268 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  16. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I could understand if Brewster tore the pec during a drill on the field, but IMO it's inexcusable for a player to tear his pectoral lifting weights. He was most likely lifting without properly warming up and/or using too much weight on the bench. Stupid players do stupid things!
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    this

it's pretty hard to hurt yourself lifting if you do it properly

Brewster was probably trying to impress someone
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I say again... Top powerlifters tear pecs all the time.

When these guys lift, yes, they're pushing the heaviest weights they can at their very limits. They aren't like the pansies you see screwing around at your local Gold's Gym.
  19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    NFL players aren't top powerlifters
  20. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Players shouldn't be maxing out at a specific exercise more than once a week. He was probably trying to push out one or two more forced reps with weight that was too heavy for him in the 1st place and he tore the pec