1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Updated Standings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tomsanders921, Nov 11, 2012.

1. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Check out the strength of schedule. Dallas has the toughest in the conference.

I don't see us catching the seahawks the way they are playing. I think for us to have any shot we have to hope the giants collapse down the stretch.

But if we play like we did today, it doesnt matter what the giants do. Our offense HAS to improve and we have to stop with the badly timed penalties.

We were lucky vick got knocked out. I don't think we win this game if he doesn't get hurt.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Not sure what we can do to improve the interior of our OL mid-season.

To me, that's what's holding back this offense.

Maybe Costa can help a bit. I don't really know.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,872 Messages
    4,441 Likes Received
    we are down one in the loss column to NY.
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I know getting Costa back will improve the run game as he is a plus blocker at Center in the run game.

I also think Killer is good enough to BernieMac on the bench and give this offense a shot in the arm. I'm just not sure how his leg strength is after missing all this time from the ankle injury.
  5. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    We need Demarco Murray back. He isn't a magic tonic that will make the OL amazing, but it is a different offense when he's on the field.
  6. lonestar6

lonestar6 Member

55 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah I think the Cowboys are pretty much have to win the division to get in the playoffs.

One good thing is that the Giants have lost to the Eagles once already, so if the Cowboys can sweep the Redskins and beat the Eagles again they would be guaranteed a better division record than the Giants, which would give them the tie-breaker (since they are 1-1 head to head). This means that in this scenario, if the Giants lose one more game, the Cowboys will be in control of their own destiny. With the schedule each team has left, it actually looks doable.

Division games will be absolutely critical.
  7. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    this is wrong, we actually have the 2nd easiest schedule left for the remaining 7 games
  8. BubbleScreen

BubbleScreen Member

833 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    This schedule is just sick. How can the NFL justify us playing 3 games in a row at a hostile venue like Cowboys stadium? Just more of the anti-Cowboys agenda...
  9. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,157 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    At least Seahawks still play 3 road games where they've been absolute garbage at and a tough home against 9ers
  10. coblue

coblue Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Concerned they either catch a collapsing giants to win division or miss wild card spot by one win to Seahawks.

I think Minnesota and Tampa Bay will fall back with tough schedule.
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,032 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,061 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    According to playoffstatus.com, based on records, tiebreakers and remaining schedules, we're now the favorites to win the NFC East. We have a 48 percent chance of winning the division, to the Giants' 39 percent, the Redskins' 8 percent and the Eagles' 7 percent. (Yes, that adds up to 102 percent because of rounding.)
  13. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    We should know more about where we stand after thanksgiving.

We should not lose to the browns, but you never know.

The redskins game will be tough as always, but don't see us losing on thanksgiving. I like us having the ability to kind of spy rg3 with bruce carter.

The giants have a bye and then play at home against the packers.

Who knows, after thanksgiving we could be tied with the giants.
  14. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

871 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    That would be nice.
  15. jobberone

38,872 Messages
    4,441 Likes Received
    We have to start scoring some points on offense if we want to win consistently. We lose that game in Philly without the STs and D scoring. That's the same ole song this year.
  16. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,035 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    The standings say NO has the tiebreak because of strength of victory. What does that even mean?
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    We don't curl up and go into run-out-the-clock mode, either, if we didn't have the miscellaneous points, so you never know what might have happened.

We won that game, fairly convincingly, in PHI. It might not have cracked all the way open until the 4th quarter, but it was a good all-around game. I'm flabbergasted that a significant number of posters were unhappy with the complexion of the win.
  18. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,433 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    What has Michael Vick done this season to make you believe that?
  19. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,433 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Another way to look at that is opportunities to score points by the offense were limited by special teams and the defense doing it.

That gave the ball back to the Eagles' offense instead of putting ours on the field.

But I have to agree with you that our offense needs to do more with the opportunities it gets.
  20. jobberone

38,872 Messages
    4,441 Likes Received
    Well, the defensive and ST points count for sure; that's part of the game so the win is legit. However, there is no denying the offense has been anemic and bogged down. You can't win consistently in this league scoring 18pts per unless you have a very dominant defense and that doesn't happen much anymore not that it was frequent in the past.