1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

US Most Armed Country in the World

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Sasquatch, Aug 28, 2007.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,845 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Ô Canada! Terre de nos aïeux,
    Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
    Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
    Il sait porter la croix!
    Ton histoire est une épopée
    Des plus brillants exploits.
    Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
    Protégera nos foyers et nos droits;
    Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

:grouphug:
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I thought you and some buddies were going for a little ride?

[IMG]

"In the name of juuuuuusttttttttiiiiiiiicccceee .... " :p:
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Without provocation?
    Ehh, you might want to think a little harder....
    British restrictions on American trade with France, whom they were at war with, as well the UK's support of the Native American against American settlers, was the impetus of America declaring war.

Lost? I don't know, considering the U.S.A. is pretty much stronger than both the UK and Canada, I don't think America lost anything.
  4. zrinkill

32,845 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    You have not changed usernames yet? Or are you gonna wait till after the next election?

:)
  5. zrinkill

32,845 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I think he is confusing lost with lost interest in our pitiful neighbors.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    By the way Sasq, those Canadian troops had very little good to say about their government.
  7. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Like your revisionist history about who liberated Holland. There were a lot more British troops then canadians involved. And of course the GIs of the 82nd and 101st airborne during Arnhem.
  8. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well, despite these little instances of personal grievances on discussion boards, our countries have managed a good relationship.

Canada of today is a different country from when it was 'British North America'.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    It seems to me you care a lot about your neighbours, after all it upsets you we did not get involved in your war of aggression in Iraq to the point you now have to call us wimpy.

VTA, you invaded Canada for no reason in 1775 other than you thought we should rebel as well. We were loyal and supported our government and their troops. We didn't stab them in the back like the 1/3 of the colonists who supported the rebellion did.

In 1812, the USA took advantage of the fact Britain was involved in the Napoleonic Wars to try and exert a little influence in North America. Of course you lost the war and we burned your capital :lmao2:

The US is the most powerful nation now, but if jump ahead tol 2040, you might only be second as China is going to pass you and leave you in its dust.

I guess what I have to ask is why do some Americans think that because they have nuclear weapons, a large economy and large armed forces that it somehow makes them better?
  10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I guess that excuses the statement then. :rolleyes:
  11. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    If you got Nukes, a large economy and a large military you pretty much can call the shots. Its called realpolitick.
  12. zrinkill

32,845 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    When did I call you wimpy?

As far as us being aggressive .... if we wanted you're country ..... there is little you could do to stop us.

We make it so that you do not have to defend yourselves ..... thats a fact.

Keep hoping China "overtakes" us ..... they will be starving in 10 years and be in the middle of a rebellion.

Ungrateful wretch
  13. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    As far as I am concerned it does Sasq. Considering their OWN SOLDIERS said it.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure all the grunts who got sent to Iraq don't have lovely things to say about George the II
  15. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    These guys helped out in Holland as well.

http://www.104infdiv.org/WORLDWAR.HTM

further on down the page they talk about this division being part of the invasion of Japan. Some interesting stuff there.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Of course you could take us, you have 10 times the population. Man for man, we are as tough but you have us population wise and in terms of weaponry.

You have no need to invade us, but if you did the entire world would condemn it.
  17. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Actually, Canadian, most of the troops I talk to every day have no problem with GW. They don't think much of the senior officers, though.
  18. zrinkill

32,845 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    When you admitted to rooting for China ..... I lost interest in you.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Obviously not, you responded

I never said I rooted for China, just that you had to watch out for them. By definition, their economy will be larger, they have 1.3 billion to your 300 million. They have enough nuclear weapons to ensure much of the US will be destroyed if there were a war (which there won't be) and in a ground war, they kick your *** on numbers alone. It would be like the line about the elephant having the fight with the ants. The elephant will kill thousands, maybe millions but over time the ants numbers will overwhelm the elephant and kill him.

Bum, not much of a surprise they don't have much of a problem George II, he seems like a friendly guy, one you could have a toke or snort with and a good laugh. He is dumb as a post but seems nice. I wouldn't vote for him, but that is what makes democracy good, you don't have to vote for someone.
  20. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    No reason???
    Are you proclaiming individual battles as total victories?
    American forays into Canada are all a part of the larger revolutionary war, which America won. Throughout the war there were many losses, for both sides, but I think it's obvious who emerged from the war victorious.

I've paid very little attention to China, and the anecdotal news story's about China's rapid growth don't tell a complete story, I'm sure. Good luck to them. Your hope for such things, simply to see America fail have no bearing on that. China is a discussion for another thread, and 2040 is as unknowable as is 2010.

Perhaps then you should ask yourself a question. With the worlds history laid at our feet, with failures and successes spanning from across Europe and the American continents, why do the mistakes of nations make those not involved at the moment feel they are better?

America has it's rightful place in history for it's influence on the world, as well as it's mistakes. You might think degrading it now, at a moment of conflict, denotes some kind of superiority for you or your country, but I can assure you, taking individual failings, short of holocausts and genocide, as indicitive of the whole is shallow.