1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

US Most Armed Country in the World

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Sasquatch, Aug 28, 2007.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,996 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Wow ..... way to change the subject .....

We would wipe China of the face of the earth on first strike.

The fact that Japan has nukes has nothing to do with it ...... except that they would destroy both countries rather than be invaded.
  2. zrinkill

32,996 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Japan and Israel both have nukes for the same reason .....

To blow up our enemies if anything starts .....

Thats the real truth they do not teach you in history or politics.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    You aren't advocating an aggressive war are you? Tsk tsk.

You also know as well as I do that no first strike ever gets all weapons. All they would need would be maybe 40-50 to survive and wipe out every major US city. Then again, what are a few casualties in war eh.
  4. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Um, you do realize that nuclear war would effect the world? No isolation from it can be found, trade winds blow fallout about, a US in ashes would send the world into chaos and economic depression, Canada would probably get nuked as well.

You see in spite of your venom for American power it does protect your nation and there are early warning stations in the Yukon and Arctic regions plus if New York was attacked Toronto would feel part of the blast as well.

Reveling in the prospect of this is more than macabre it is foolish disregard for your own national security.

China is big, China has capitalist pockets, one day China will have to choose between the communist/ totalitarian facade and the free market.

China's military is technologically based on 1950s weaponry no joke, they can't afford to maintain an aging fighter fleet, their biggest gains have come from stealing American secrets which is a hallmark of communism because of the intrinsic lack of enterprise and creativity it puts upon all but the elite.

They are behind a great deal but they seek to catch up, they have done joint military maneuvers with Russia recently, word is the Russians were less than impressed.

China has lots to lose by war, one that they couldn't win at the present in a nuclear exchange seeming their present rockets will not even reach the Philippines.

China is a regional power, a trade power, possibly eventually a consumer power, not a military power and not a technological leader.

Could they become such? Not without massive internal reform.
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I looked up and down in my post, read between the lines etc, and couldn't see anywhere where I advocated a Chinese attack on the USA.
  6. zrinkill

32,996 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    You have already stated on another thread you are rooting for China.
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Show me where I stated that I wanted China to win.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    I am not opposed to guns.

I think it is cool if someone likes guns and has guns as long as they are responsible. They should also not only be responsible for themselves but also if children are in the household.

Personally...I am into knives. Don't know why, but just have always liked knives.

Don't have a great deal of nice ones but do have a small collection.

I would not mind a decent handgun but in my neighborhood it really is not needed.

Maybe I can talk the wive's grandfather into giving my his german lugar one day.

I like WWII stuff so I really like that weapon.

I will say this, I do have to chuckle a little when people suggest that it is our responsibility to have a gun, like if you don't have one you are irresponsible.

I just don't see things that way, but as I have said I live in an area where crime is very low.

So if you like guns and have plenty of them, cool for you and I believe you should be able to have them.

If you don't care for guns and don't want them in your house, cool for you as I think that is your choice.

The only time I have trouble with people is when they think they need weapons that are over the top. Like fully automatic AK-47s, Fully Auto m-16's / Colt ar-14 three round bursts, M-203s, Laws, bouncing bettys (or various mines), gatlin guns and stuff of that nature.
  9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,259 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Nice post BP. You're right, to each his own. I like 'em and feel comfortable with them in my house. It really isn't a responsibility to OWN a gun, but a huge responsibility if you do.
  10. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Eh? what's this all aboot? :D
  11. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He's angry that Trudeau and Martin, his heroes are not revered around the world and that Mulroney and Harper have a better standing in international affairs.

Reagan kinda' shoved Trudeau into the peanut gallery upon his spineless actions in NATO so that probably has him a little bitter as well.
  12. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I share your distaste for Dubya, but you really shouldn't criticize anybody else's command of the English language, when you can't even spell "verbiage" correctly...

"Verbage" CAN be found in some dictionaries, though, it's defined as a deliberate MISspelling of the word "verbiage", a synthesis of that word and "garbage"...

In addition, it's at least grammatically awkward to use "nor" where you used it, rather than the correct "or"... to use "nor", you should have written "He can use neither proper sentence structure nor verbiage"...

The rule is "either/or, neither/nor"...
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Actually, Brain, because of the strange way the laws are worded, gatling guns are pretty much non regulated. Unless you are strong as a gorilla, trying to control a fully automatic sub machine gun like an Uzi or Ingram, etc is very hard to do. You just spray bulletts all around. And if you have a M14 or AK 47 its even tougher. Not to mention you empty your magazine too fast.
    A semi automatic SKS is much better to have. Fires a good rd, the 7.62 X 39, is simple and reliable and relatively light even with a 40 rd magazine. These kinds of weapons are strictly for close up work. No farther then 100 feet at best. For real close up work nothing beats a shot gun. Hand guns are frankly the worst defense weapon unless you practice a lot and are very good. I have a Glock 31 in 357Sig and while a fine weapon with a very good rd, I have no illusions about being Rambo with it. If it comes down to a real fight, I would rather have my shotgun or SKS. If there is more then a couple, the SKS; if there are only one or two-the shotgun.