1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

US Senators reach deal on stimulus bill, voting set for next week

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Kangaroo, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/finance/10950206.asp?scr=1

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKTRE5156PY20090207?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

Yep here we go again several so called moderates caved again in the senate and have decided to destroy they country.

I been waiting before I decide if I was going to start looking at a new car but this monster of wasteful do nothing bill being passed. I can not afford to take a risk on a car note this economy is not going to get better with that bill.

So start getting ready; I tighten my belt after the election now I need to look where I can trim some more continue to pay down my debt and stockpile cash though it is going to be worthless soon.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,770 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Yes, stimulus spending and tax cuts will destroy the country.

Good one.
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    700 Billion dollars to what the tax cuts are not even where it all needs to be.

The bill should in no way be 700billion it should be reduced at least another 200billion

They are going to have to tax the hell out of me to ever get it back
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,770 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Oh, okay. So $200 billion is the difference between destroying the country and not.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    200 Billion is not enough IMO but the only thing I even want to see is a cut in Payroll Taxes and Capital Gains taxes which will most likely balance out and not cost the US to run up another 700billion in debt on top of the other trillion or two we have now

The problem is this bill is not a stimulus bill it is a big turd polished and being pushed using fear. It does nothing long term but cause us even more debt that can not be paid for.

What ever you want to call it the bill is a joke and nothing more than a pork barrel of crap
  6. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a job so I don't care.

(just kidding)