1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

US Soccer! Gold Cup Tonight

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by erickb, Jul 24, 2013.

1. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,895 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Jackson was on a list of u20 players that Champ Club teams could add. I haven't linked him to any club merely stated the obvious... that he is in a group of talented young guys drawing eyes now.
    If he gets loaned out and considerable PT his arrow will only go up. As it did when he joined the Aussie Youth NT and got playing time.
    Feel free to disagree. I could really care less.

Sturridge is not rubbish but he simply isn't world class even though he's been given the chance to be and at once was considered certain to be. That's rather the entire discussion we were having. (when does Chelsea or Man City let world class youth go)
    Again, another non-starter of an argument.
  2. UKCowboysFan

UKCowboysFan Member

449 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    You didn't say last "World Class" young player that Chelsea sold, you said "Good".

I would argue that Sturridge fits that category, as any player that that scores the number of goals he has (at that level) has to be half decent.

Interesting that you write him off, yet big up Lukaku (who obviously has talent) when Sturridge had a better goal scoring record at a mid level Premier League team (which Bolton were then) than Lukaku did at West Brom.

He may well be sold for $60 million in the future, but I would very much doubt that any sensible team would risk that on potential alone. He has 3 goals in 21 games for the National team, compared to Benteke's 6 in 14 (and he is only 18 months older).