1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

News: USA Today: For Diverse Cowboys, Dak Prescott Is The Ultimate Unifier

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sportsbabe, Jan 10, 2017.

1. mrtxstar

mrtxstar Well-Known Member

5,992 Messages
    2,725 Likes Received
    Let's be specific... this article is making his race a topic of discussion. It suggests interracial relationships are not as binding as those between folks of the same race. I reject this racist ideology and will remind the readers that many of you and Dakota are the result of an interracial relationship and are no worse in our course of life for that consummation. How his interracial component affected his demeanor, personality and upbringing can not be measured and so it can not be considered relevantly positive or negative to those factors in his life. We as human beings are capable of establishing deep and meaningful relationships with one another without factoring racial likeness. To suggest otherwise is utter bigotry.

2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

33,521 Messages
    12,204 Likes Received
    I was listening to "The Ticket" this morning and they were talking about this extensively.
    They seemed to be balanced and level-headed about the whole thing....just taking it as possibly one other very small angle that Dak can use to relate at times, but nothing remotely game-changing.

List the top 20 QBs in the last decade and only maybe a couple were black/white biracial. It's not very relevant at all in the big picture, but in Dak's case with his ethnic and cultural diversity, it's at least ,maybe, worth noting.

Btw, people should not at all look at this as some diss to Romo. The guy was always playing hoops with the WRs and DBs in the offseason anyway....and was one of the better players. I think he got along fine, though he was a bit more shy than some realized.

Also, there is the age thing too. Dak being 23 on a young team with an average age of 26. Though having a QB a bit older sometimes helps with the respect factor, it's not a real advantage goofing off in the locker room--which is somewhat, but not totally irrelevant.

One of the best college football recruiters of all times was Barry Switzer. He always said that growing up in a more predominantly black neighborhood helped him immensely when he visited homes on the recruiting trail. It was just an added advantage that in some cases can help. There was a real comfort zone and it showed.

Bottom line is that none of this means squat if Dak isn't playing his tail off all year and the team is 13-3.

tyke1doe, Sportsbabe and dallasdave like this.
  3. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

9,686 Messages
    4,651 Likes Received
    I disagree.

Carharris2 likes this.
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

18,719 Messages
    41,437 Likes Received
    :bow::bow::bow:

chris1995, LocimusPrime and DFWJC like this.
  5. Sportsbabe

9,686 Messages
    4,651 Likes Received
    It only upsets people who have a problem with racial and ethnic identity.

tyke1doe likes this.
  6. mrtxstar

5,992 Messages
    2,725 Likes Received
    I made more that one point. Which one are you disagreeing with?

7. Sportsbabe

9,686 Messages
    4,651 Likes Received
    1. Your synopsis of the article.
    2. The term "racist ideology".
    3. "...interracial component does not affect his demeanor, personality and upbringing..."
    4. "...interracial component cannot be measured..."
    5. "...cannot be considered relevant to those factors in his life."

I've answered your question. Again...I thought the article was a positive story about what Dak brings to this team and who he is as a person.

tyke1doe likes this.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

32,557 Messages
    9,662 Likes Received
    Class dismissed. :)

Carharris2 likes this.
  9. Sportsbabe

9,686 Messages
    4,651 Likes Received
    You know you're my first love.

tyke1doe likes this.
  10. mrtxstar

5,992 Messages
    2,725 Likes Received
    Then I stand by my last sentence. :)

11. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

8,005 Messages
    17,377 Likes Received
    I love mixed people, and I love non mixed people.

Trouty and Sportsbabe like this.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

21,109 Messages
    8,094 Likes Received
    USA Today: For Diverse Cowboys, Dak Prescott Is The Ultimate Unifier

Love Dak but winning is the ultimate unifier IMO.

13. Sportsbabe

9,686 Messages
    4,651 Likes Received
    But I really love people who love people.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  14. risco

risco Active Member

889 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Cool!

yimyammer and LocimusPrime like this.
  15. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

8,005 Messages
    17,377 Likes Received
    My girlfriend is my biracial and she's alright

Trouty, dallasdave and Sportsbabe like this.
  16. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

663 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Bold doesn't sound anywhere close to true. It sounds like a junk opinion being honest. I also didn't know every elite in every industry was the same race no matter what. Learn something new everyday.

Sportsbabe, tyke1doe and Fletch like this.
  17. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

663 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    This article stupid as ever. If you have common likes that sometimes are racially different (stereotyping of course) you can get along not because you're a different race just by itself. That's why I think the story is stupid. Before this crud came out raise your hand if you were like Dak beign biracial was the secret sauce to unifying the team?

Rockdoc likes this.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

32,557 Messages
    9,662 Likes Received
    I know.
    And as the late Whitney Houston used to sing ... "And Iiiiieeiii will always love u." :D

19. Cowboysfan917

Cowboysfan917 Active Member

245 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Ridiculous millennial article(speaking as someone who falls in that age range). The people who consistently speak about the racial divide drive the wedge deeper. This is probably the stupidest hype I've read about Dak so far.

I have black friends, white friends, latino friends. We are different because of our culture and our upbringing: not our skin color.

Terrible article by Media looking for a story that isn't there.

Dodger12 and Rockdoc like this.
  20. Sportsbabe

9,686 Messages
    4,651 Likes Received
    :laugh: