1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

USC DE Nick Perry Declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by super8, Dec 24, 2011.

1. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...clares-for-the-draft-Where-does-he-stand.html

DE Nick Perry: Southern Cal (6-3, 250)

What I like…
    - Displays the ability to coil up into his stance, keep his base under him, back flat and take a positive first step off the football.

- Eats up grass well initially, getting on top of opposing tackles quickly in the pass game.

- Possesses the first step to threaten the edge and demonstrates some savvy to his game setting up his outside speed rush.

- Extends his long arms well into contact and showcases a little know how of when to work the club/chop in order to keep himself clean on the edge. Can be violent on contact.

- Possesses good length for his size, is a long armed kid who maximizes his length well into contact

another guy I never watched - any help
  2. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,486 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Like the kid, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st.

Not really sure I would take Ingrim in the 1st either, but if one is available in the 2nd......send that card in.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Bunting is not crazy about him , for what it's worth .
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Really has no position here. Too small to play the DE in a 3-4 and not athletic enough to make the switch to LB. Not a prime target for 3-4 teams.
  5. TheDallasDon

2,486 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Really........what speed? Quickness? Explosion? Strength?

Haven't seen much of him but he does seem 2 have good quickness and explosion.......hips maybe
  6. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He's great when engaged and is given a small area to defend but he's gets lost in space. Very stiff for a smaller man.

He does have great straight line speed and can close on the ball carrier but has problems adjusting quickly and has a tendency to lose his man when too much is presented in front of him.

I think he will make a fine 4-3 DE, his initial quickness and quick twitch reflex is impressive.
  7. TheDallasDon

2,486 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I haven't watched but 1 game and some highlights of Ingrim......would love to hear what u think about him.

Also I'm doing a mock do u see V.Burfict going in the 3 to 4 range when draft time comes?
    If so is that with a good combine showing?

Again Sdogo thanks for taking ur time with my question.......I alway enjoy and respect ur thoughts on the draft.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm going to assume your referring to Marvin. The same thing that interests me so much about him turns off some scouts and teams. Bottom line is he's a unpolished diamond. His upside and potential are ridiculous but at the same time it's a worry that you could have a long term developmental guy on your hand.

What turns me is that I know first hand his passion for the game, the history and the work he puts in to developing his game. It's the reason I believe his growing pains will not be so much pains but a short learning curve.

He has a nose for the ball and uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time. In that sense he reminds me so much of our own Sean Lee. He's much faster then people give him credit for and will show that during workouts. He has great quick twitch reflexes and quickness. He is a little tight with his back to the ball but was not asked to cover much in college. His technique in raw, I'm not going to sugar coat it. he gets by a lot of times on pure athletic ability and instinct but neither of those can be coaches, technique can.

I'm higher on Ingram then most. It's going to be interesting to see where he settles in during the draft process.

As far as Burfict, again, I don't hold him in the same high regards as most. I see a lot of Lavar Arrington in him. He's too much of a freelancer and has trouble preforming inside a scheme. His ability is undeniable but there are way too many red flags for my taste. I know of a few teams that have a 3rd round grade on him. If he does not get picked by Baltimore who is the one team that I feel has the people in place to harness him you very well could see him fall into the late 2nd or 3rd round.