1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

USC OT Tyron Smith a sleeper for the Browns at No. 6 overall

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by johnnyd, Apr 27, 2011.

1. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer suggests USC OT Tyron Smith as a sleeper for the Browns at No. 6 overall.

The Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot even hints that Smith could be a more likely Browns pick than Julio Jones. Smith would play right tackle in Cleveland, however, and that isn't a position on which teams usually use top-six selections. The Browns' offense would be much better off with a playmaking wideout.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/04/cleveland_browns_likely_top_si.html

No ones really thought about Smith reallly going before we pick just kinda sssumed he would def. be there. would make it interesting
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,891 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    they would most definitly need a wideout but if we trade up for Peterson with their pick and then they take tyron smith at 9....lol:D more power to them
  3. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    If thats true, they'd be foolish not to trade back with us if PP is on the board. Smith isn't going @7 or 8 unless someone trades into that spot.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Oh no he's not., he may be a sleeper for them at #9 though.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Charlie Casserly stated that Smith would be on Washington's 4 player short list and that he would be gone by pick 10. Casserly stated that Washington will not pick a QB, and that they would pick Cameron Jordan.

Casserly states that Julio Jones will be gone by 10, and he would be on that short list, too.
  6. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    I would be in shock if they took smith at 6. No way. Maybe a trade back but not at 6
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tyron Smith is worth the 6th pick if you need an OT. Smith is an OT, and the LT/RT stuff is ancient history. You need two top notch OTs in the NFL today. If this guy is rated number 7 on Gosselin's board (and he is rated there), number 6 isn't too high to take him.

Smith has been soaring up draft boards, and I think Dallas has been giving out smoke screens, because they fear Smith rising too far or getting jumped for him in the top 10.

Having stated this, I think if Holmgren still has influence, he would have no problem getting Colt McCoy Julio Jones at 6.

If the Browns trade down for Julio Jones, the 49ers or Titans could move down, and someone could come up for Julio (who is rated number 5 on Gosselin's list).

If the Browns want Julio Jones, they are going to have to stay and pick.

We shall see.
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nick Fairley will not get passed Tennessee, and he is worth the 6th pick, too.
  9. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Sets up for a great deal. PP falls to 6 and we move up and get our guy and Cle gets Smith at 9.
  10. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Other than money, I've never understood the mentality you can take a LT high but not a RT. And you never pick a OG in the first round. If I'm making the call and there is an elite RT or OG when my pick comes around in the first and I need one. Consider him mine. :)
  11. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    So what are we up to like 12 picks taken by the 8th pick now?
  12. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Yeah they should just trade with us and take him at 9, that there is a win-win.
  13. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    better deal, we dont trade up, take Smith ourselves and watch the OL actually improve for a change instead of being a sieve

and we keep all our picks and upgrade some other areas
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    I'm fine with Smith 100%.

I just have PP one on my board that I want followed by Smith.
  15. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I'm with you. Oline oline oline.