1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vacarro Lighting It Up In Saints Camp

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Aug 8, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Kenny Vaccaro getting physical at Saints camp
    Posted by Josh Alper on July 31, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT

Saints rookie safety Kenny Vaccaro didn’t show much deference to tight end Jimmy Graham on Tuesday, though. There was a brief scrap between the two at practice on Tuesday after the two men jostled for a pass and Vaccaro “flicked” the ball into the back of Graham’s head. Cooler heads wound up prevailing as they did when Vacarro put a lick on running back Pierre Thomas and no one on the Saints seems to want to see Vaccaro tone things down.

Click here to read the entire article:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/31/kenny-vaccaro-getting-physical-at-saints-camp/
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    As much as I hate the Saints, I cant wait till he proves all those people who thought he would suck because he played at Texas wrong lol
    hsfolk and Ren like this.
  3. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I think the phrase "Lighting it up" was misused. He might be lighting some of his own players up, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's having a great camp. Additionally, the saints D isn't much to talk about, so I can see how a columnist could become trigger happy with this addition to their D.
  4. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,830 Messages
    1,601 Likes Received
    He also put their 3rd string WR on IR. I wanted him going in the draft but I'm certain he'd have Miles or even worse Dez on crutches right now.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    According to the team, interviews and articles, it was a clean hit and just one of those things that happen in camp. But yeah, we are much better off without him.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Actually, if you listen to the coaching staff and the other players, they are all saying that he's having a great camp.
  7. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    That's better ;). Don't really follow the Saints until the regular season begins.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I agree. I liked not because he went to Texas I like him because I know he is a very good ball player
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    As bad as their defense and secondary were last season(all time worst defense) any player that can make a single play would appear to be having a great camp. :D
  10. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Your right. You can just imagine how excited they are about Vacarro, a guy who is reported to be making plays all over the field. ;)
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  11. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I watched a lot of film on Vacarro and was never all that impressed... at least for what is most needed out of a safety these days-- coverage. He was great in run support, although he often took bad angles, but I just don't recall anything of note in coverage.
  12. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,849 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    Nothing against Vacarro, but yeah, I think we are better off without him. Because we have Fredbeard and Williams who I think are a better package combined overall.
  13. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Y
    You're not missing much in coverage. He's not going to prove doubters wrong because he's STILL playing I'm the slot. Is that what we need? You Texas fans are the ones who liked him because of his school. We don't dislike him because of it.
  14. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Wait what?
  15. ABQCOWBOY

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received

We Texas fans also know what he is capable of and what he can do, in the slot or otherwise. We like him BECAUSE, we know, not just because he went to Texas. That's a ridiculous statement. Darren Woodson went to ASU but I'd bet all those same people who liked Vacarro also liked Woodson.

It's not because he went to Texas that we like him. It's because he's a good prospect at a need position and for what it's worth, the Cowboys would have taken Vacarro if he had been available to us at our pick. Does that mean the Cowboys only like him because he played at Texas? Not very logical.
  16. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Still pretty happy with the trade back and picking up Fred.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,572 Messages
    2,434 Likes Received
    Some here are forgetting that that we did not pass on Vacarro.

To get him we would have had to give up Frederick, Williams, a 5th Randle, and at least Holloman.
  18. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

405 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Hopefully JJ Wilcox will make you Texas fans forget about Vacarro. I know it may seem hard but you can do it...lol
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    This is a lot of hype over a guy who's not going to start for his team this year.