1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Valley Ranch is a Mess

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 16, 2013.

1. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,207 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    I agree. Jerry LOVES to open his trap. Why not just come out like Houston Frog said & let the fans know his plan?

I've read where he says Romo is their guy.
  2. jchap2k

jchap2k Member

140 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Don't Panic!
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,830 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I disagree I don't think you show your cards until you have to. I'm sure there is a lot of thinking and planning going on some will take place some after consideration will not. As for uncomfortable? sure right now people who work for the Cowboys should be uncomfortable we went 8-8 for a 2nd year in a row there should not be people feeling comfortable in their jobs.

I would suspect Garrett job is safe but then who knows.
  5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Again, you could be right. It's off season so we have to roll with it all and see how it plays out. Just looks messy.
  6. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    That is why Dooms I got an ignore list close to 500 whinners, and downers here on out I'm just talking with intelligent football minded fans with a level head such as yourself.

I have no time to be arguing with arm chair GMs, HCs, OCs, or DCs wannabes on this forum will just ignore them all.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....and he's the one to blame. The buck stops with him as owner and "GM"...hire a real GM and front office Al Jr. before it's too late.
  8. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    As I said before Jerry took on the role and he has to take the heat heck he knows that. As for what will happen I feel no matter what he does he will be criticized for it. If changes do not take place then all of the talk of status quo and he is only interested in making money.

If he replaces some then he is being knee jerk looking to scape goat others.
    I can't sit here and say how this will all work in the end.

I know Kiffin has lead some very good defenses in the past, I'm sure he will bring coaches in that he knows and knows him and what he wants to do.

I don’t think his age is a big factor in terms of his defense since there are coaches who worked under him who are currently using that same Tampa 2 defense so his scheme is not out dated and will work if players execute it

I feel for Rob because I know due to injury a lot of things were out of his control but then some things were and as I have said many times one of the things I hated was his use of the 3 man rush despite the fact he failed most of the time and did so even before the injury bug hit us.
  9. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    He clearly is the one who has to take the hit from disgruntled fans.

As far as hiring a GM that is not likely to happen but in my view does not mean this team can't win. It has before it can again

As for the Al Jr comment? I don't think many know who Al Davis was and what his teams accomplished for much of his life as owner/GM and even HC of the Raiders.
  10. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,727 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    So our plan is to be average year in and year out? That's what we have seen for the past 17 years.
  11. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I don't think that is the plan of the Cowboys. I think that is the words of those who are frustrated.
  12. ringmaster

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I agree Dooms at the end of the day for me and you as well is that I know what is going on with this team, you will never hear me keep pointing out the deficiencies of this team a million times over that is what so-called "realists", and whinners do.

I'm also a firm believer that is something doesn't work overtime get rid of it and for Garrett in my eyes he has to get the job done next season or he's gone as for Monte Kiffin, people making fun of his age or his schemes are outdated because of it is childish the "old man" has a SB ring with his scheme.

Yet you had some complain that his scheme sucked at USC, but yet they really don't pay any attention to the college recruting process in which the Pac 12 is all about flashy offenses and they really don't recruit defense in that conference like they do in the SEC, or ACC at the end of the day Dallas, did what they had to do we don't know how all of this will turn out stay tuned.

As for Rob Ryan, his dismissal wasn't a surprise to me but it was unexpected as to I thought he did a decent job with what was left of a gimpy defense by season's end he is a good DC and will land a job quite possibly with KC and he will have some good talent there to work with if he decide to take the job I wish him all the best.
  13. ringmaster

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    IMO being frustrated and whinning are two totally different things.
  14. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,727 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    Those are the results... there is no long term plan, and there is no long term plan coming. We are an average team for the past 17 years, and are in cap hell. Who came up with that plan? Frustrated, absolutely.

What changes has anybody seen that will get us out of mediocrity?
  15. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I'm just not the defeatist attitude type person. I'm not pumping sunshine frankly I don't know how any of this is going to play out.

Garrett will likely get his chance to coach in his 3rd season as the HC. I think if the team fails he will be gone, as a fan I hope that is not the case. I would love to see him succeed why would I or anyone claiming to be a fan want him to fail?
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,971 Likes Received
    This is how Jerry likes it. Lots of spice.
  17. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Again I will not wallow in your pity party. You see it as there is no plan or that the Cowboys do not put in your plan?

They don't fire the HC as maybe you would like, they did not hire the DC that you may have hired. How any of this pans out is yet to be seen and if you want to believe next year is over before it starts well enjoy
  18. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't post on Xanax....trust me! :D
  19. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,194 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    What did people expect? When there is change, this is what it looks like.
  20. ringmaster

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I hear you but that is how it goes in the NFL nowadays, and that is what I can't stand about most people that they like to see people fail and beat their chest to people who may support the success of the person they want to tear down.

And for that reason I have now detached myself from anything sports media related and their poisioning the minds of fans about this team and certain players on this team.