1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Van Halen ticket$$$

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by jimmy40, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,089 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Took my oldest son to see Van Halen at American Airlines Center in Dallas in 2008, had very good seats at $150.00 a piece. I wanted to take my youngest son to see them this year but the cheapest I've found the exact same tickets for this year's tour is $472.00 a piece. That is just unbelievable and priced me out of those seats. I may spend $150.00 on a couple nosebleed seats just to take him but damn that's disappointing.
  2. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not half as disappointing as the band themselves. The Gary Cherone years, anyone? Bring back Michael and Sammy.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    When Wormtongue looks better than you do, it's probably time to stop touring. :laugh2:

[IMG][IMG]
  4. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    This is a terrible thread. :eek:

Just dust off your old VH CD's, enjoy the past and donate your money to charity. :)
  5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,367 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    You guys are living in the past.................

Eddie's clean, Dave's back in the band (and was, is and always will be waaaay better than Sammy), Al is the same force he's always been on the drums and Wolfgang is now an awesome bassist!

[youtube]o9QBxrzx1Tc[/youtube]
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    They were certainly a different rendition with Sammy, but both bands were excellent...
  7. jimmy40

15,089 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    I'll never forget the look on my son's(plays guitar) face when he saw Eddie play live. My younger son plays drums, would love to take him to see Alex. Both boys are huge VH fans. Guess maybe your a Britney Spears fan or something.
  8. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,725 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I will be seeing them when they come around by me. They put on a good show on there last tour. Can't wait.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,359 Messages
    3,659 Likes Received
    I'm anxious for Tuesday to see if they are coming near here and how much tickets are. I'd be interested in going unless they are asking a fortune.
  10. jimmy40

15,089 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    $149.50 Section 106 Row H in 2008. $472.00 this year.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. big dog cowboy

49,359 Messages
    3,659 Likes Received
    Tickets for that seat won't be anywhere near that here. I'll be shocked if it's over $100.
  12. jimmy40

15,089 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    prepare to be shocked.
  13. jimmy40

15,089 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    of course now I read this:

Van Halen tickets on sale Jan. 14
    Saturday, January 07, 2012
    By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    John Heller/Post-Gazette
    David Lee Roth.

When news broke that Van Halen would launch its first tour in four years, you knew it couldn't skip an old stomping ground like Pittsburgh, right?

Sure enough, Van Halen will hit Consol Energy Center at 7:30 p.m. March 30, fronted yet again by the singer that brought them to the dance, David Lee Roth. The vintage hard-rock band announced the tour Thursday night during a gig at the intimate Cafe Wha? in New York City.

Tickets -- $149.50, $79.50, $49.50, $29.50 -- go on sale Jan. 14 at 10 a.m. via Livenation.com, Ticketmaster outlets, charge by phone at
  14. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,367 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I think you'll find that ticket prices for any event are always highly inflated when they first go on sale, or in this case before they go on sale. I work in the ticket biz and it's common practice. As the event opens to the public, and as the event gets closer, prices come down. That being said....if you wait too long tickets get scarce and the price will go up again.
  15. big dog cowboy

49,359 Messages
    3,659 Likes Received
    I'll get the $80 plus service fee and be good.

Lucky for me the wife doesn't "appreciate" VH so I'll have a good time. :laugh2:
  16. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    My wife got me VH tickets one year for my birthday and didn't tell me that was where we were going. It was supposed to be out to eat. By the end of the concert I was starving to death and didn't care one bit.

I would love to see them with Diamond Dave back on lead vocals. I wish Michael Anthony would join them, but you can't have everything.
  17. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Member

31 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would love to see some of these old rock bands live but I think it is ridiculous the way they charge an absolute fortune for a so-so seat to a show. Let's not fool ourselves - even if they sound good, they sound good relative to how old they are.

I wanted to go see AC/DC a few years ago... tickets were 80 and up, I think. Why would I drop 80 dollars or more on an old band years past its prime when I can spend 25 or 30 on a show to see 4 or 5 young bands playing better, harder and with a fire to prove something?

Just my take on it. Really like VH too.
  18. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Because they aren't past their prime...

I saw AC/DC a couple of years ago and they were as good as when I was in college in the mid eighties.

Just because they aren't getting radio play doesn't mean they are past their prime, it means they aren't young and pretty...
  19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I never saw VH with DLR, though I did see DLR at the Bronco Bowl when he was touring on his own. I believe it was DLR, Oleander, and Corrosion of Conformity that night.
  20. Skafko

Skafko Member

108 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You could check latest AC/DC DVD (Live at River Plate) to see that there isn't many bands that "harder and with a fire to prove something".