1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vanderbilt defensive backs embrace golden opportunity at Pro Day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vanderbilt defensive backs embrace golden opportunity at Pro Day

Written by
    Jim Wyatt
    The Tennessean

Casey Hayward broke in some shiny gold cleats on Friday as representatives from 21 NFL teams showed up for Vanderbilt’s pro day.

“I wanted to make a statement,” the cornerback said.

Safety Sean Richardson had some new footwear, too, but he opted to leave his gold shoes at home. They were too stiff, he said, and on this day his biggest goal was to prove his hips aren’t. His performance on Friday might have changed the conversation.

<snip>

Hayward has already received plenty of interest in draft season. He said he has a visit scheduled with the Titans on April 6, and has workouts scheduled for the Cowboys, Falcons and Vikings.

Read More:http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120324/SPORTS01/303240032/2080?
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,673 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I want Hayward.....he is all over the place in the secondary....seems to have a great head on his shoulders and reads the QB like a woman reads a romance novel. I believe he can play CB and FS for us.

I do not know anything about Richardson, as I never paid attention to anyone but Hayward when I watched Vandy play this season.

I will say this, that Fugger guy looks like a great option for a UDFA....6-4, 255, 4.5......and went to a nerd school in Vandy.....yes, I will definitely take a flyer on him as a UDFA.....of course, I am sure Tennessee would too, since he is in their backyard.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,732 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Hayward is interesting. Love the production he had in college.
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,673 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Get me CB/FS Casey Hayward (15 ints), SS Kelcie McCray (10 ints), FS Tramain Thomas (12 ints, 6 forced fumbles)......add these 3 to Carr, Jenkins, Scandrick, Sensabaugh, Church, and McCray, and our secondary looks to be very much improved over last season.

But look out for a sleeper pick in FS Brandon Hardin.....his shoulder is completely healthy now and he could be a sleeper late in the draft.....wasn't much of a ballhawk, but from what I have read, was good in coverage and has great range.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope the Cowboys were at Tennessee's pro day, too.

Malik Jackson was 6-5, 290 and had a good workout. He would be a very good developmental 5 technique.

Here are the teams that I know were there based on pictures:

Saints
    Titans
    Raiders
    Seahawks
    Falcons
    Rams
    Patriots
    Lions
    Jaguars
    Panthers
    Bucs
    Colts
    Broncos
    Bills
    Ravens ?
    Texans ?

There were 21 NFL teams there. Denarius Moore is in Oakland, and I hope Dallas' scouts are paying attention to this guy.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,587 Messages
    4,151 Likes Received
    Funny, I thought you were calling someone a Fugger.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,673 Messages
    66 Likes Received

hahahaha.....im not British:D