1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Very nice video of Dez playing ball at Lufkin

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lane, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    [youtube]cc6r3rrPh0g[/youtube]

1:06 ..i've been waiting on that one since he became a cowboy.

it would so work.
  2. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I think if we ever did one of those trick plays it would be Dwayne Harris since he used to be a QB.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,796 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    I saw Dez throwing the ball through the goal post from the opposite 40-yard line in training camp 2 years ago. That's 70 yards in the air with the ball still at least 10-feet in the air when it went over the crossbar.
  4. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

661 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    In High School. Only QB snaps Dwayne took in college were in the wildcat and the pass I remember him throwing was nothing special.

His strong suit is going to be putting him in the position where he can break one tackle and run for a big gain. More times than not, he will break that tackle and get the extra yards. At the very least, he will drive through the tackle and get every inch he can.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    2:00 were his fingers out of bounds first? Apparently there's a precendence for that sort of thing :)

Great footage...but there is a list of songs that should never ever ever be allowed on another highlight film. The first is one of them.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Very nice clip, lane.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received

i think so too..really like 2:41

thanks

the young man has talent.
  8. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,575 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Amazing how his play on the field then looks the same as it does now.
  9. Alweezy

Alweezy Active Member

615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I like watching these back in the day clips of pros in high school, but man.. it's easy to put the best athlete in the backfield and just call his number all night, but to put him out at WR where the defense would have an advantage to stop him easier? And the man still made plays?! That's pretty impressive.
  10. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,565 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    He truly looked like a man amongst boys out there.

The only thing I wonder is with his size, thick legs, power, speed and balance is why his coach didn't try to make him a RB so he could get the ball in his hands more at that age.

Anyhow, he clearly was put in what would be his proper position in college and the NFL and took advantage of his elite ball skills. Dez may not be a genius off the field but he has some superhuman ability to track a football and then attack it in the air. My biggest fear is that he gets injured during one of those acrobatic catches but he has youth on his side. I was a bit worried to hear about all the back spasms he was having at the end of the Skins game but glad not to have heard anything about lingering effects.
  11. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received

this much is truth..

our stupid coach does not know how to use this man..
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,565 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    The thing I wonder is if it is the coach or the QB. I know some have talked about how Romo often seems afraid to throw deep even against a single high safety. Other with more knowledge of the situation can comment but Garrett in the Air-Coryell mode has little fear of going for the knockout shot.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Callahan in charge next year. I do think we need to try and get the ball deep to Dez more but that is predicated on the QB having the protection to do it and forcing the defense to come up more to defend the run game. Since we had neither going for us last year it is not surprising that we didn't get many opportunities to make plays down the field that didn't involve Romo evading passrushers in the backfield.
  13. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    dez is like earl campbell.

not very smart.....just get him the damn ball and let him do his thing.
  14. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,522 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    I would love to see more of that open field RAC as a Cowboy. There are less opportunities for it in the NFL, but hopefully Callahan or whoever will find ways to utilize all of Dez's strengths.
  15. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,075 Messages
    73 Likes Received

You do realize there is a bit of a difference between throwing a pass in high school v the NFL right?
  16. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Loved the video.

Dez has always been a man amongst boys. High School, College, and now in the pros. He is so physicall gifted. So glad he's a Cowboy