1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Very small sample: But not impressed with Joseph Randle

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmohican29, Oct 28, 2013.

1. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,443 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I know, I know... it's been two games really. But does anyone else think Randle runs with an awkwardness that makes himself an easily tackled RB?

He is kind of spindly and has a bit of power when tackled high, but he just doesn't seem to have any fluidity to his cuts or the ability to lower his shoulder and push a pile.

I will say this. He has very good hands. But I think if you want a receiving RB you have Dunbar for that role. I just think Randle is a marginal NFL talent, just a tinge better than Tanner because of his hands.

If Murray doesn't get healthy, it's a wrap for the running game IMO.
  2. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Theres really know denying that he hasnt produced like we all had hoped. I really hoped to see more explosive plays from him.
    I am pleased that he hasnt fumbled or made any huge mistakes that you often see from backups.
  3. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Nope, and we took him a couple of picks before the late round rb I wanted in Zac Stacy
  4. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,444 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    He's smaller than Eddie Lacy's girlfriend.
    JPostSam, 30yrheel, Idgit and 2 others like this.
  5. TonyRomo17

TonyRomo17 Well-Known Member

842 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    blocking hasnt been that good either
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,033 Messages
    1,805 Likes Received
    LOL
  7. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,720 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    the only thing he does well is not turn the ball over. If this is supposed to be Murray's replacement we're in trouble
    dart likes this.
  8. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

1,612 Messages
    939 Likes Received
    whatd you expect? his scouting report was horrible too.
  9. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Cheerio there TT

but RB'S are supposedly a dime a dozen
  10. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

474 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    No vision, small.....I am not impressed.
  11. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,258 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    we need to draft another one
  12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,518 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    He's small, but not fast or elusive.
  13. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    While he is a "backup", I expect a bit more from a 5th round RB. So far I am not impressed at all. I cringe at the thought of him having to pickup an ear pinned blitzer in pass pro. He seems slight to me. Hopefully he puts on a few lbs and becomes a good all around back. I'm going to say we end up drafting another RB next year in the 3rd of 4th round. Jerry likes the sauce.
  14. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,015 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    I admit to not being smart enough to break everything down....but lets face it, Murray has had more than his share of unproductive games. When do we start questioning whether the problem might be something other than just the RB talent? Serious question, is this possible?
    TheCoolFan likes this.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    He's 6 ft 200 so he's not small. He gets positive yardage unless they blow the play up in the backfield. He makes people miss, hits the holes well, and falls forward. I think he's a decent back. He's not exciting. He'll get you 4 yds with a 3 yd hole. He'll do until someone else better comes along.
    AmishCowboy and TTexasTT like this.
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    It's well documented that the problems mostly lied with the offensive line until this season. The line under new tutelage with FA additions and a stud draft pick has managed to become middle of the pack solid. There's no question in my mind that we still have some work to do there. However, it is much improved over the train wreck of a line we've had in recent years.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    It's definitely got something to do with the OL and play calling to a small degree. It's not important to rip off big runs although of course you take them. He just needs to get you some yards, not fumble, block well and catch the ball which he does pretty well. He'll never be a special back just steady. And he'll likely get stronger and break more tackles. He'll never have a lot of missem' but he gets thru traffic pretty well, sets his blocks up, can get skinny thru the line. and has decent vision. He's way underrated with his pass catching IMO but we don't do a lot of that which at times is maddening.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I need to see him get better at pass blocking stat. Without Romo on the field, we're toast. All it takes is one.
  19. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I thought RB'S were dime a dozen
  20. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well Zac has shown to be not just a lil better, but alot better than Randle......so far.

Heck some will say Keenan Allen has been better than TWill cause Allen has been a #1 WR on his team.

Hindsight is always 20/20, I'm just happy we got some productive players and not busts.....all you can ask.