1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Very small sample: But not impressed with Joseph Randle

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmohican29, Oct 28, 2013.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    so 2 starts into his rookie year, we're ready to pass on him.

i hate the IGS with the white hot passion of a thousand dying suns.
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,696 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    Yeah you should because IT IS ONLY TWO GAMES. Stop with this nonsense. Add that he's running behind a line that doesn't open up holes for any our running backs.
  3. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,467 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Not ready to pass on him, but I will be watching him closer than I thought I would to see if I'm right- not to say I told you so- but because my admittedly untrained eye tells me he doesn't quite look the part of an NFL starting RB and hope I'm wrong?
  4. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    "to see if i'm right".

not to see what is.

night john boy.
  5. mmohican29

2,467 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    LOL muahs to you too
  6. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    yea, uh, thanks. drive through please.
  7. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Any running back drafted or undrafted is going to be a productive player, that's just the way it goes now........I would love to see us get Bishop Sankey next april, even in the first round.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Randle was getting tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage by DB's last Sunday. Collinsworth mentioned it all game.
  9. mmohican29

2,467 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Well take my order first sir!

One decent 4th Round RB please. With a side order of moderate pass protection skills.
  10. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Nah not all are productive, but finding one late has become easier as long as you have a good team around him.

I believe that what most don't see about RBs is you can tell pretty quickly if they are going to be any good, and hoping a RB develops over time is a waste of time.
  11. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Randle is exactly what he was projected to be. Lacks any bust, not particularly fast or elusive. It was said on draft day he was poor-mans Murray. What was frustrating about it Dallas had pressing needs along DL and Dallas looked that situation in the face and decided to take slow running back who would never be more than a back-up. Dallas had good draft but they really dropped the ball on that.
    theranchsucks likes this.
  12. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Who was the last honest-to-goodness dangerous running back who could make runs that change the game? I would say Felix in his second year, when we went to the playoffs, and he was breaking off long runs each game. Then my impression is we wanted him to bulk up so he wouldn't get injured or fumble. He lost his elusiveness and speed.

We don't value the right things in running backs.
  13. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Honestly Zac Stacy is the late round RB I wanted or Mike Gillislee.

Im not saying that just because Stacy had 135 yards against a very good Seattle defense. Doing amateur pre draft scouting, he looked the part of an all around back. Strong and physical. Randle looks weak, and not fast nor quick.
  14. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    777 Likes Received
    Actually, he'll get you 2.5 yards, since that was his average. No, he won't do.
  15. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Yeah, you don't like to judge after two games, but you would also like to see something to give you a little hope. But you can say the same about Tanner and Dunbar. They are disappointing.
  16. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,946 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    I must have watched a different game. Early on they consistently ran a run blitz on second down and we consistently ran the ball on second down not sure why they didn't try to take advantage of that. They were selling out to stop the run. On his longer runs and the screen pass he showed good ability to find the hole and get the most out of the run. On the plays he got stopped I counted two or three guys around him. The same defensive front that Romo said reminded him of the Vikings in the playoffs were getting penetration on running plays too.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,111 Messages
    1,961 Likes Received
    Randle has poor vision - he is not the answer.
  18. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    Yeah to me he seems to be quite fine, has a little more wiggle to him than Murray. Get him past the line and I think he could do some damage...he's kind of a slashing type runner. I don't think he has had a hell of a lot to work with quite honestly.
  19. Carl23

Carl23 Member

287 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Jinx alert!
  20. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Really wanted Andre Ellington.