1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vick: 6yrs/$100 Million

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CM Duck, Aug 29, 2011.

1. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

1,008 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    What do you guys think?
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,528 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    :laugh2: All I have to say..
  3. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    getting stuck with that turd of a contract on that turd of a guy couldn't have happened to a bigger turd of a city and franchise.
    Vick had some success last year but just like when he was in Atl, teams now have tape on him and he's never been a great passer. Teams will go back and get his old tape and once again teams will figure how to contain and expose him. I doubt he will have a great year this year and the iggles will end up being the most overhyped team since NE before they played the NYG in the superbowl a few years ago.
    I don't know if Romo will ever bring home a Lombardi for us, but I KNOW that one guy who will never get one is Vick. He's a slightly more athletic, slightly better arm, more thuggish version of Vince Young. Doubtful that Vick will play out that contract.
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,781 Messages
    128 Likes Received

I am not surprised by the contract itself.....but I am absolutely astonished that it came from some a frugal and cap concious group like that Eagles.....I expect this from the Skins or Raiders....not the Eagles.
  5. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,835 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    I guess he will pay his creditors now. I dont see 6 years, especially if he turns 31 this year. 4 years max
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,965 Messages
    470 Likes Received
  7. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received

exactly
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    I love it cause it ensures the Eagles will not win a Superbowl anytime in the next 4-6 seasons.

This is a great deal as far as I'm concerned.
  9. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That will definitely pay for his Valtrex.

Mike Valtrex...that's his new nick-name.
  10. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Shouldn't that be Ron Valtrex. LOL
  11. Ranzo

Ranzo New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since Vick's turned his life around as we're told time and time again look for him donate much of it to the rehabilitation,care, facilities upkeep of his former fighting dogs and their rescuers. At least for the dogs spared their demise in time.
  12. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Pffft......i can see that happening.
  13. AmarilloCowboyFan

2,414 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I'm sure he probably will but it will all be for PR. I am highly skeptical that he has truly seen the error of his ways and he actually loves animals now.
  14. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,062 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    It will be looked at no matter what as PR by you and everyone else so what does it matter.
  15. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    New England was undefeated, not sure how you overhype that.
  16. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,677 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Lol Seriously.

How the heck were the Patriots "Over" Hyped that year? They went undefeated up to the Bowl, and lost on a one of a kind amazing play that was as much luck as skill. If you're saying Eagles are as overhyped as the Patriots were, you're saying the Eagles aren't very over hyped, which they are.

This Vick deal is pure gold. Makes me very happy.

Why would he need to love animals? OR see the error of his ways for that matter? He didn't get arrested by the Morality police or sent to Morality prison. Prison isn't designed to make someone a better person.
  17. AmarilloCowboyFan

2,414 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Which is exactly what I said. If he donated a bunch of money for those dogs it would just be for PR.
  18. Ranzo

Ranzo New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not so fast. Moral identity substantially guides normative behavior and decisions, and one goal of imprisonment is to repress crime by actually improving this feature. This goal is accomplished, in theory, by seeking to change moral identity. Now, its success rate isn't superb but imo that refers back to the individual with the low moral identity and various other flaws or challenges. Some do realize a change in their makeup and it informs their lives going forward in accordance with societal norms. Is Vick one of those? His future actions matter; his tired cultural excuses do not, except to the extent that it suggests he denies personal responsibility for his past transgressions.
  19. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If he is consistently the QB he was in 2011 he is probably worth the contract, but that's a lot to gamble on with a guy who has only shown that level of play one year in his career.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    Why are we arguing over rather Vick is really remorseful or not? Does it really matter? only he can really know the answer to that.

I understand the people that give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's truly sorry and changed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I also understand why many don't believe it.

Me personally...i have a hard time believing he's actually sorry he did it. I believe he's sorry but he's sorry that he got caught and had to spend 2 years in jail. I just don't give a whole lot of credit to criminals actually being sorry that they've done what they've done. Are there some who truly are? Sure. I don't deny that. I'd be foolish to say it's impossible.

I just don't give them much credit or value to their sorry. To me it just seems a lot more likely that they're only sorry that they were caught, not sorry about what they did.