1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Victor Butler Comment on Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Aug 17, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    This maybe old not sure, sorry dont have link, hope ok

I just think the energy level is a little more up with Jason Garrett. He's around everywhere, he's walking around, he's encouraging guys. Guys need a little pick-me-up, he's telling them, 'Hey this is what you got to do if you want to get out there and play' ... He's coaching us up, I just think he's more involved of a head coach. He's great. - Victor Butler
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Garrett has to be involved with every aspect offense, defense and special teams that is his job as the HC.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas needed a relatively young head coach like Garrett.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,480 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4682232/victor-butler-i-want-to-be-a-main-guy

On how his role has changed under Rob Ryan:
    "The main difference with Wade [Phillips] was I didn't really know what my role was. I felt I was just kind of out there, a special teams guy. Didn't really play much, didn't really know where I fit in.

"With Rob [Ryan] and another year under my belt, guys like [DeMarcus] Ware and Anthony Spencer and Bradie James just told me, 'Hey we expect big play out of you, we want to win games, we've got all the tools to do it and we want you to be a part of it ... and with the ability that you have, we need you to step up.'"

Audio link: http://c.espnradio.com/audio/698033/benandskin_2011-08-17-130533.mp3
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seriously, I grew sick of hearing Wade's wimpery "well, uuhmmmmm, they're all men and we treat'em like men. They're all acountable to eachother..."