1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Aroundthehorn/PTI/Sportscenter on Roy/Cowboys

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by dcfanatic, Nov 6, 2009.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]zNoK70g02wo[/youtube]
    -------------------------

Stat boy is annoying.

So is Wilbon.

And Werder? lol.
  2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,906 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    Love Around the Horn. Love PTI. But what in the hell is up with Wilbon? He's WORSE than TO? That's extreme.
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be interested to know what Kitna thinks of all this. If anyone knows Roy and his tendencies, it's him.
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,103 Messages
    2,313 Likes Received
    I'm not one who rails incessantly against the Dallas media. Like all news outlets, they're prone to sensationalize, but there's normally a kernel of truth at the center of it -- this was the case with TO last season.

But I must ask this question: At what point does journalism end and instigation begin?

Many of these reports seem aimed at needling Roy Williams in hopes of garnering a negative reaction or outburst. And these journalists often use rhetoric that is condescending and even vitriolic towards Roy. Derogatory labels such as "clown" have no place in a substantive discussion of the Cowboys receiver position.
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Ive bored of this stuff

Craytons upset, no Roy......Jerry, ......Witten has 1 TD hes gonna get upset, videoboard.......December......Wade....Timmy!!

These guys dont know X's and O's so this is more interesting
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,848 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    PTI sucks plain and simple. I don't even watch it any more. I pretty much stopped watching Around The Horn as well. They're all lame.
  7. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Looks like a response from my old english teacher.

Is that you Dr. Gilbert? :D
  8. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Manufactured controversy.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,899 Messages
    2,707 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  10. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,708 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    The players are wise to what the media is trying to do. Last year the team was pearl harbored, this year team is closing ranks. Just go listen to the comments that are coming from this team's leadership. The jig is up for the media.

Filthy is in for a surprise on Sunday.
  11. NewJCowboy

NewJCowboy Active Member

1,225 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's incredible journalism by Werder...he just told us what Romo is NOT saying.
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Exactly. Romo had a smile as he said "Nothings going to happen, were too strong".

OT but hes about to shut everyone up. Hes going to take the 5 yard sack and punt rather than chuck it w/ his eyes closed(Eli)
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Key word in bold. ESPN isn't about substantive any more than the National Enquirer is.

And of course they're instigating. I doubt even they would deny that. At least Werder wouldn't, if he were being honest.
  14. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,708 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    It is obvious to everyone except those who are blinded by hate, hate for Wade, hate for Roy, hate for Jerry, hate for Romo, or hate for hate sake.

Meanwhile, I am in my cat bird seat grinning from ear to ear as the haters are running out of things to legitimately to hate on, which is causing some of the haters to look like fools and I love it.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,889 Likes Received
    Those are my two favorite shows. I TiVo them and watch them when I get home from work every day. That and Law & Order SVU.

But like someone said about Wilbon in another thread earlier this week - it appears as if Wilbon is simply reading off the "this is your angle for today" paper. He's not this kind of guy as a journalist in the Washington Post or in person. Just ESPN getting ratings...I wish they wouldn't use Wilbon for that angle though - but his voice and persona are very distinctive and effective, as evidenced here in this thread :)