1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: VIDEO: Babe Laufenberg Files - The Jason Garrett / Bill Walsh Comparisons

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doctor32, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Doctor32

Doctor32 Hi-Definition Warrior

1,066 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Laufenberg has been dead on about many things - Tony Romo for one.
    He has a strong conviction regarding Jason Garrett's head coaching abilities.
    [youtubehd]duSNf7NMrMg&[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]20ODLwnetVY&[/youtubehd]
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Now he's saying the team is over-rated, when in training camp he was gushing about how this was the most talented team in the league. He already started to make excuses for his boy...
  3. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    alot of people are saying the team's overrated, not just him

although most (vast majority) agree the team has plenty of talent to win and be far better than 1-7
  4. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    They are saying that NOW, particularly Babe. Now, all of the sudden, when Garrett, his boy is HC, he's making excuses that the team is over-rated... In training camp, per Babe, it was the most talented roster in the league, the same roster that essentially won a play-off game last year.
  5. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nobody in their right mind thought this was a 1-7 team.

They've performed poorly for a number of reasons. Bad coaching, horrendous OL play, total collapse of the defense and now the injury to Romo.

The odds are fairly stacked against this team winning alot of the next 8 games. If you cant see that then there's just no help for you.
  6. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    They made the play-offs last year and finally got over the hump, with essentially the same players. That is the same talent...

So what your saying is Garrett get's the excuses if this team fails in the next 8 games, because it's the Golden Boy...
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didnt say any such thing. I said nobody saw this as a 1-7 team.

They are 1-7 today for a variety of reasons, and nobody thinks this team has much of a chance in its current state to dramatically improve the record. if the team goes 1-15 or 2-14, its not necessarily all Garrett's fault. Now if they keep playing the way they have for most of the season (and especially the last 10 1/2 quarters, then there's reason to think they need to look for a new HC in the offseason.

And its not the "same" talent. The OL has completely went down the crapper. Maybe it was never as good as some of the rep they had, but it was never the sieve its been this year either. Then there's the Romo injury. If you honestly believe losing him isnt a big blow to the offense, and the entire team, then maybe you need to go back to school.
  8. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Is it coincidence, or is Babe just making excuses for his boy Garrett now.. So what happened to his original assessment that this team was the most talented? Now, all of the sudden that talent just vanished... I mean you can argue it was coaching, but that doesn't have to do with talent...

So if Garrett blows, it's because they aren't talented and Wade didn't leave him with anybody? If you say it is about Romo, Romo was lost in the Giants game, because the offense didnt know it's assignments and Wade doesn't teach them their assignments, it's on Garrett..

And if the OL just collapsed, explain to me how is that Wade's fault?
  9. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,586 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I concur,,, but what I really wanted to say was "Nice sig"!
  10. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude...... How many times are you going to say this?

OK We get it. You don't like Garrett.

As far as the talent of this team and Babe's estimation of it.......of course it's been adjusted down. So has everyone else's.
    Many players who had preformed well in the past simply haven't this year.

And I'm sure that was the case BEFORE Garrett was named HC.
  11. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dude that guy is one trick Pony. All he does he complain about Garrett's play calling and how clueless Garrett is. THats his mantra, you not going to talk logic with some people. I have tried before.
  12. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know, I should just ignore him. But alot of the stuff he says is just so blatantly stupid that it deserves him getting slapped around by a multitude of people here.
  13. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks!
  14. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good luck, that doesn't seem to work either ;)
  15. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Just like Garrett as an OC, right... SO what are we basing his greatness on now?

SO now his defenders are telling us, he doesn't need to be a good OC to be a HC... SO I guess they're now admitting implicitly, his play-calling sucked... So I guess I was right, that Garrett sucked as an OC... But in your words that is "getting slapped around"...