1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Drew Hensons week 2 passes NFLEL

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by theebs, Mar 26, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll admit, that TD throw was nice. However, he made a couple of evry questionable throws and let's not forget, it's against NFL Europe talent.
  2. rw54

rw54 Member

277 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the video!!! I just want Henson to get comfortable. Last preseason he looked "robotic" as Juke says. I want him to relax and be a football player. A player will never get better as long as he is thinking or uncomfortable. What I liked the most was he seemed liked he was beginning to relax and play. He has a good arm, athletic ability, and intelligence. Just play football.
  3. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

943 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Also do not forget that its WITH NFL Europe talent as well. You have to look at both sides of the coin.
  4. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,173 Messages
    1,377 Likes Received
    We all know Zuriel Smith can't catch...
  5. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    very good observation
  7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Steve Smith wasn't really that wide-open
  8. Kobal

Kobal Member

334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great Job!:)
  9. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Weeks will tell the story with Henson, not one game,. But I will say this:

For a guy who has only started 11 games since High School, that was an amazing game.

Some want to complain about how highly touted this guy is and how he has not earned that rep, but a guy who has only started 11 games since high school and puts up that kind of performance is pretty amazing if you ask me!
  10. MikeD17

MikeD17 Benched

678 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate to say this but henson reminds me so much of hutchinson except with alot worse throwing motion. Guys lets face it, this guy is not starting material, at best he's a third string qb.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Hutch could not hold on to the ball constantly getting it knocked out of his hands. Henson has not shown that at all as for throwing motion if he is getting the ball in the proper location and on time which he has been in NFLE thus far I could careless if he is throwing motion is perfect god knows many NFL QB's do not have picture perfect delivery.
  12. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The funny thing is, despite Henson's funky delivery (which I have no problem with) he is by far more polished than CHutch. He has better pocket awareness, and he is starting to show better field-vision.
  13. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

On the nosey.

And we don't have anyone else on this roster who could have made the play he did on the TD pass...and that is part of the reason he was touted so highly.

Now, that said, he has a way to go...but I still shake my head over the detractors.

The guy has started ELEVEN games since High School!

Give him a chance. We have a starting QB in Bledsoe, so there's no rush.

And I'll also add, Henson isn't sitting back expecting things to be handed to him. He's working hard. That's good enough for me.
  14. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

This may start a flame war...but I'm comfortable in saying he's got as good or at times, better pocket awareness than our starting QB...and certainly more mobility.

He still needs to develop his vision...but that will come with time, hopefully.
  15. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Understatement of the millenium. That TD throw, no way Bledsoe makes that play. What were there, three defenders in the backfield? Bledsoe goes down, we take the 3 points. Henson made an ill-advised, perfect throw, LOL. I loved it. I'm hoping for some more improvement this weekend.:D
  16. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

And...let's not overlook the fact that he got the ball to a perfect spot...throwing across his body and sorta falling away...AND..he had the presence of mind not to panic...

Romo might have had the feet for that play but not the arm...Bledsoe has the arm but not the feet.

Henson made a play just like this one while at Michigan....across the body throw to David Terrell...only with more zip on the ball...and the play was more toward the center of the endzone.

Hey...again...it's VERY early...but this is the kinda stuff that has true fans of the team, optimistic.
  17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    I'll be honest - and I'm not trying to start any kind of flame war...but that pass seemed more like a lucky throw than a true display of talent to me. I was a little more interested in the catch, to be honest.

I'm not knocking henson - he did some really good things in that game. I was more impressed with some other passes, though, myself.

And he needs to stand up straight.
  18. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No way that was a lucky catch. One thing Henson usually never does is throw, Lucky passes. He never did that in College, which is why he has such low INterception ratio.

Now was it a good catch? Heck yeah. But no matter how you want to slice, that throw was a diliberate throw, since there was no one in the vicinity to Int it nor could DB get there before WR on that throw. In others words, that throw would have worked in NFL too, as long as WR would make the same kind of catch.
  19. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    He threw it to the corner of the end zone, off his back foot, being chased by defenders. His receiver was 1 on 1, and had outside position on the defender. The pass got where it needed to be, only his receiver had a chance on the ball. I thought it looked way lucky at first, too, but on further observation, it was just a phenomenally athletic play.
  20. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Me too, I didn't notice why it was good untill the replay and where the players were positioned etc.