1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Video:Michael Irvin Has a Message for his NFL Brothers

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,108 Messages
    4,579 Likes Received
    Man I love this guy. Great message. Hope those that hear it understand and take advantage of it.
  3. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,721 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Man I wish Dez could turn out to be half the man Mike is and was. It is not too late but Dez has a lot of ground to make up to be the heart and soul of the team like Mike.
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Impressive message by Mike.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    He's really a very gifted orator. So sincere, so expressive. Great pacing with the cadence and where he puts emphasis. Thanks, cowboyjoe for finding that.
  6. nablives

nablives Active Member

804 Messages
    127 Likes Received

I'd pass on the "was" part, when it was pretty much anything away from the field. The current day guy seems okay though. :cool:
  7. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Remember, Mike was strip-searching his friends for wires and doing drugs at Dez' age.

Irvin's come a long way since then and is trying to help others who might be going through a similar path. As someone said, the man is a gifted orator.

Who can forget his unbelievable Hall of Fame induction speech? One of my all-time favorite Cowboys. Love him for his greatness and flaws alike.
  8. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,721 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    On the field no one gave more. Plain and simple, he was the heart and soul of the 90's dynasty.

We would be lucky if Dez become half the player that Mike was.
  9. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    It's unfair to compare anyone to Mike, but I guess Bryant's playing the same position and wearing the same number makes the comparison unavoidable.

His first two seasons have actually been more productive than Irvin's and I can't wait to see how good this kid gets.
  10. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,721 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    He has the potential to be the best there ever was but he has to overcome a reputation of lacking a work ethic. There is a cost for being the best and I hope Dez is willing to pay it.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Get the waders out, it's getting deep in here.

Everytime Michael uses his quiet sincere voice, I feel the urge to stick my wallet in my boot.
  12. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Honestly, he has one of the best voices and demeanors for that message. Can you imagine him in the huddle?

Yes, he wasn't always the best person, but he has grown over the years and I think is a great voice for today's players to follow.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :fact:
  14. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,721 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  15. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    There's no doubt, that man's the heart and soul of our 90's Super Bowl Cowboys! Powerful words Mike.