1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Video: NFLN: Tony Romo taking on more leadership

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 13, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,456 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 8m Tony Romo taking on more of a leadership role with @dallascowboys. http://on.nfl.com/13HZyGE

Video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000211852/Coach-Tony-Romo-making-his-voice-heard

-------------------------

On a side note, I think the dumbest question a journalist can ask is "What is Jason Garrett's role on the team now that he no longer calls plays?" As if that's the only responsibility a head coach does to run his team. Why don't they ask the other 20+ coaches in the league who doesn't call plays what their role is on the team since they don't call plays?
  2. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Did those 20 other coaches give up/or have their playcalling duties removed this offseason?

Asking someone who did (Jason Garrett) what he's going to be doing with all this new free time on the sideline is a perfectly reasonable question.
  3. WoodysGirl

63,456 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    In general the question is dumb. But one journalist asking another journalist is really dumb.

Show a little fortitude and ask any of the former NFL HCs that the network has on staff or on twitter that question.
  4. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Take a hint from Romo: Don't pay attention to the media or let the idiots upset you. They are not important. Just wagging their tongues -- aloud or in print.

:)
  5. WoodysGirl

63,456 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    I don't get upset about this stuff. This stuff isn't life changing or anything. I'm just stating my opinion on one of the more idiotic questions to be posed by fans and media.

As if he can't actually change a play that's been called...or that he's gonna walk up and down the sideline with his thumb up his butt. He's still the HC regardless of what folks might think of him. If anyone reads the latest minicamp thread, that's exactly what he did. Callahan called in a play and JG wanted the QB to do something else. The QB did what JG instructed him to.

That said, if a journalist has a question about such things, they should actually consult with someone who actually performed in that role to find out exactly what other things a HC has to do during the game.
  6. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't we hear this every single year?