1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Path to the Draft - Report on Dez Bryant Pro Day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dcfanatic, Mar 31, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]SEL9DLufeI4[/youtube]
    -------------------------

Mayock, Casserly, etc.

They go over the Dez Bryant Pro Day.
  2. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With so many "experts" being down on this guy, you would think that he wouldn't be a top pick. If the talking heads can persuade enough teams, he could drop to 27.
  3. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have no question about his ability. I think he's more of a football player than he is a gymnast too, so a lot of this workout doesn't bother me...

But the decisions he's made do scare me. I worry about his head.

I'd be scared to pick him at #7. I might even be leery at #17. But if he's there at pick #27 for some reason, I wouldn't even think twice.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I dont know.

But my rule of thumb would be...

If charlie casserly says green....I will go with blue...he says up...I will take down.....
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Wow, that's a great clip. Good stuff from NFLN to actually see those drills.

What I notice is how he does quit on the drill when he slips... And then just kind of laughs about it.

He also stops running as soon as he catches the ball... Contrast that to the Combine where they emphasize running through the end and really finishing the drill.

Look at that in route he runs where he falls and grimaces at the end... He quits after he makes his break. No wonder you had to dive for the ball, Dez... The QB didn't expect you to jog out of your break! I sure hope that look on his face wasn't him thinking that he made a great catch, or disgust at a bad throw.

The 11-1 broad jump at his size is fantastic, but there aren't just red flags on this guy... There are huge flashing red neon signs all over him.
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    The biggest red flag to me is that he is deions little buddy.

There should be a giant sign in the war room of red flag instructions.

Friend of Deion should be one of them.

We dont need any deion type players in this locker room.
  7. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,210 Likes Received
    He has great hands. I think some team will be blessed by picking him.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,264 Messages
    7,103 Likes Received
    The spin on is that he didn't have his cleats and was using new cleats.

*shrug* I don't know the impact of it all. Just saying that's what it is.
  9. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,518 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Agree. Dez is no where near Sanders in the talent department so there would be no reason to put up with a player who shows up when he wants, doesn't pay attention during meetings, goes half ***** in practice, and so on. Sanders was gifted enough to pull that crap. Dez is a rookie and needs to learn and work hard and if pulls that crap then he will never improve.

Too big of a risk. Pass and address an area of more immediate need with our #1 pick.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,289 Messages
    4,657 Likes Received
    I think once you get a reputation it's hard to get rid of. He's under a microscope.
  11. DeepBleu

DeepBleu Member

527 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    when dez bryant speaks, he sounded like mike tyson. that's a big red flag.
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,345 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    The only REAL damning thing I see with him is he was working out with Pacman Jones and then defends Pacman. Pacman is cancer, something he has no business being anywhere around.

That and Deion Sanders. Should stay the hell away from that devil in sheep's clothing too.
  13. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,073 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    If Dez Bryant falls to 27 and Iupati isn't there, then you take him no questions asked.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,400 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    yo gotta problem wit dat?
  15. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,076 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It would be a massive mistake for Jerry to take a WR in the first round. I would not be suprised if he does though.
  16. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's not spin; it's the biggest red flag of them all. If true, then forgetting his cleats only demonstrates his clear lack of professionalism. This workout was completely on his terms, and he was out of shape and unprepared. So being illequipped is not a plausible excuse. Was it Mayock who commented about his not looking good in the short shuttle may have been due to not being coached in the drill? Not coached? WOW!
  17. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Isn't that what WR Roy Williams' agent said to Jerry Jones a few years ago? ;)