1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Tony Romo, Jason Garrett hoop it up at Cameron Indoor Stadium

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gemini Dolly, Mar 7, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,090 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,000 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    I've heard Tony is good at soccer too. He is just an all-around athlete who can excel at any game he puts the time into. I wonder if he could play baseball, that is a different animal.......
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,911 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    I wonder if he can play hockey. He's a good golfer and from Wisconsin; two traits that a lot of hockey players have.
  4. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

414 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Wonder if this has anything to do with Perry Simmons OT from Duke.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,764 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    So I guess all the threads about his back being permanently injured and we needed to draft Johnny football were a little premature.
    khiladi likes this.
  6. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Romo haters had him in a full body cast eating soup through a straw. Still he's basically out there just launching set shots, so we can't read too much into it. But if he can do that pain free already, that's a good sign.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,764 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    LOL............so very true..........it may have been more hoping than predicting if you know what I mean.
  8. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

459 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Yeah, loyal Tar Heel fan here as well. Good to see Tony moving around well, but he could have picked a better venue to play basketball.....
  9. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,078 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I like seeing Romo and Garrett together, these two both know that their careers are tied at the hip.
  10. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,100 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Lol! It is interesting that he was able to do a jump shot with no issue. It's a great sign!
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    l'm sure he's a great person, I just don't want him playing QB for my team with the game on the line.
  12. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Simple solution.
    5Stars likes this.
  13. jedishogun

jedishogun New Member

13 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I`m with you man. Go Heels!
    CrownCowboy likes this.
  14. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,847 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    That infamous segment on the Dan Patrick Show years ago comes to mind.
  15. Mountaineerfan

Mountaineerfan Active Member

140 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    If it was a herniated disc the recovery time in only 3-6 weeks feel normal again then you have to start with the strength and flexibility. The big question that will still remain is if the disc itself is delaminating or if it was a one time injury. This is what I found out first hand with my wife and her 3 back surgeries. The first on makes you feel like a million dollars with only a minor chance of re-injury for a normal profession, lawyer in her case. Think of the disc itself as a vinyl record with multiple layers with the top and bottom layer Velcroed to the bone. If the disc is delaminating the middle will squeeze out and the top and bottom layers stay in place and the disc will eventually have to be removed. Dallas should be keeping an eye out for his replacement.
  16. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

2,430 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    dook sucks bigtime.
    DFWJC likes this.
  17. robbieruff

robbieruff Member

47 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Actually he was one of the top players coming out of high school b ball in Wisconsin. Go look up an article that talks about him and his biggest rival back then. That team had Caron Butler. Butler himself emphatically asserted that Romo had NBA level talent and would've been a Steve Nash type player, which is a pretty amazing confirmation of his skill. Tony's first love was always football so obviously he went a diff route. But I don't doubt a sec that he could've been a solid nba player. Too many other opinions of his contemporaries - including current pros - have to count for something rt?!!
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    I know Caron and his wife and I've played hoops with Tony (and TO too). Tony has game but being a borderline d1 player is 100x easier than being an NBA player. Steve Nash is light years quicker than Tony--who was a 6'2 shooting guard with ok ball handling (for a high school player) and great shooting skills. He got no division 1 scholarship offers.

He did have game, no doubt. I don't want to diss him, as I'm a fan of him as a person and a QB
    robbieruff likes this.
  19. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Even though Garrett front-rimmed it, you can tell he's a hooper too. He could be the Matt Bonner of the Cowboys Hoop it Up team.
  20. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Let's hope he doesn't miss any of the offseason stuff. If he does it will be fun around here.