1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Video: Witness describes scene at the accident that killed Cowboys player Jerry Brown

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Dec 10, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
  2. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

357 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I wish I hadn't watch that, to be honest.
  3. since75

since75 Member

33 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Me too, I'll bet she will testify when the day comes.
  4. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could this situation get any more crazy? Sad.
  5. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Horrible story but to be honest she just described an encounter with a DRUNK guy....

Not trying to defend anyone but I had a similar situation with a drunk driver who was driving in front of me and all of a sudden drove his car into a hole at the side of the road...I with another lady who was driving behind me went quickly to check on him .. he was ok but the conversation the lady in this video had with Brent reminded me exactly of that guy...
    We were talking to him and he was completely out of the moment..not realizing what happened.. he even argued with me to try to get pull his car outside the hole LOL....Once we realized he was OK (just drunk) we called 911 and left...

:cool:
  6. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,071 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I have no idea if that is true or not (although she comes off as credible), but if it is true, I hope Josh spends a long time in prison.
  7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Wow, that was bad.

I remember when I was 19 or 20 something, I was driving to pick up a friend for work or something and could see a bunch of smoke on what ever highway I was on. As I got closer (this was like 9-10 in the mourning) I could see a horribile accident.

It must've just happened because there were a lot of people on an open highway, with their cars parked on the side trying to help the people inside. Eventually me and a few of the guys at the scene began prying the door loose so the uninjured ones could get out and the injured ones could recieve some kind of help.

Soon enough a fire truck showed up, but if a group of complete strangers knew how to act in that situation, JBrent should've known to do something while his friend sat in a car dying.
  8. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Hearing that bothered me, but actually her description of Brent's actions are almost the exact definition of Shock.

That fact that he kept saying "he won't get out" pretty much proves it.
  9. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thought I read a story that said when police arrived, Brent was pulling him from the vehicle. Something not right between the two stories.
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Ok. Obviously I could be wrong but she didn't sound like someone attempting to capitalize on her 15 minutes of fame... sounded to me like she replayed what she saw/heard.

That doesn't mean Brent wasn't in shock -- in fact it sounds like he probably was.

Just saying that to my untrained ear, she didn't sound like an opportunist -- just a citizen telling what she saw.
  11. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    She did say he did finally pull him out of the car. It sounds like that when the police arrived.
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Geez, if he had pulled him out sooner he might still be alive.
  13. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Its just another BAD episode with someone who is drinking and driving..... this is Josh Brents second DUI and,,,,THIS TIME he killed someone......I wont feel sorry for him in the least...... To many chances to do the right thing....

it could of been you, it could of been me, it could of been a child or your child, a mother, a friend.....I dont want see Josh Brent in NFL uniform again...period.
  14. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    The combination of likely being in shock and being highly inebriated probably factored in Brent not pulling him out sooner.
  15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    I'd kinda have to assume it's the combination of the two. Knowing how drunk he actually was might really help to clear that whole thing up.

She sounded like she was exaggerating a bit to me. Idk, I just have a hard time trusting anybody who speaks like she did...way too forced. Like when she adds that hard "H" in vehicle, it just seems like an attempt to sound more credible. Plus she kept mentioning her cell phone, which, to me, says she was going to try to take a video or something...rather than try to help the guy out of the car herself.

I don't know her and I obviously wasn't there, but I'm always skeptical of someone like that. If there was another woman who got out of her car there, it would be very interesting to see if they tell the same story or not.
  16. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

516 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    That changed my whole perspective on Josh Brent and virtually the whole situation.

I understand that when things are out of control and alcohol is involved that a person might not act as they usually would, but if this story is indeed true then Josh Brent is not who I thought he was.
  17. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    IF they knew to take the key's away from a Drunk JOSH BRENT then Jerry Brown's dream of playing on sunday would still be alive....JOSH BRENT IS NO HERO..
  18. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Why do you believe that? Did he die of burns or inhalation injuries? If not then I doubt it played a major role in his death. He most likely died from head trauma suffered at the time of the accident.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,512 Messages
    9,668 Likes Received
    The only thing I'll say about that is I was in a car accident about 5 years ago and even though I told the cop and medical personnel I was fine, I have no recollection of those events. I only learned of them later when I had to testify for the state against the driver who caused the incident.

I'm not making excuses for Brent but it's highly possible he had no idea what he was doing when this lady was talking to him.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I would guess he didn't want to look at all.

That said, if he could pull him out eventually he could have pulled him out initially.