1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vikings add another Pro Bowler

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Alexander, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,245 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    Vikings add another Pro Bowler

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2010 11:59 AM ET
    The Minnesota Vikings already had nine Pro Bowlers.

Now they have 10.

The Vikings have announced that cornerback Antoine Winfield has been added to the NFC team. Winfield qualified despite missing six regular-season games with a foot injury, and despite being limited in several others after returning from the injury.

Though the announcement doesn't identify the player Winfield will replace, he's undoubtedly standing in for Cardinals cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who suffered a knee injury in Saturday's playoff loss to the Saints.

The other NFC cornerbacks are Asante Samuel and Charles Woodson.

Of course, the Vikings are hoping that Winfield and his nine teammates will have to be replaced for the Pro Bowl, which will be played a week before the Super Bowl. Pro Bowlers who are also Super Bowlers won't be playing in the All-Star game.
    ===

Unreal.

Is the NFC CB crowd so diluted that Winfield deserves it more than anyone else?
  2. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Winfield, seriously????? That was a total reputation move. They really need to figure out a way to get the people in that deserve to go.
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,245 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    Jenkins deserved it more than a player who started a total of nine games all season.
  4. Gzus

Gzus Romosexual

1,257 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree, Jenkins played great this season. He was aggressive and pretty much lock down, IMO played better than any DB on the Boys this season. It's also too bad that the Pro Bowl coaches aren't allowed to pick their utility player from their own team, L.P. Ladouceur deserved to be the long snapper.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,287 Messages
    4,606 Likes Received
    Didn't winfield split the limited games this year by playing safety?
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,396 Likes Received
    Yeah, this is starting to remind me of 2007 with the 'Boys. Giving all those guys (maybe half deserved Pro Bowl births) led to a big overhyping of the talent on that team. At least most of these Vikings did earn it. Our 2007 Cowboys were talented, but nothing remotely like those Pro Bowl births would indicate. I think S Roy Williams even made it....which was carzy at that stage of his career.
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You gotta be kidding me. This guy was absolute toast.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,097 Messages
    1,943 Likes Received
    :signmast: totally
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    Another slap in the fact to Jenkins. He clearly was far better than this guy all year but that's how it goes I suppose.