1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vince Young drafted by...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Apr 24, 2006.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    What position and team do you think actually drafts Vince Young?
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    3rd to Tennessee.

Someone will trade with NO to get Lienart and that takes the pressure off Tenn and they take Young.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,301 Messages
    4,619 Likes Received

People in your neck of the woods really wanting Vince Young?

I figure you hear enough from the crowd in the state and would have a feeling for what they are wanting.
  4. DiscipleofTuna

DiscipleofTuna New Member

114 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im thinking Oakland. They may even trade up to get him.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I'm thinking the same thing. I think Cutler and Leinart go before Young and Raiders clearly need a QB
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well most "People" want Lienart. AS a matter of fact, the coaching staff want Lienart, but the owner LOVES Vince YOung and so does most of the FO. They also see him as another Steve McNair. So when the smoke clears if there is a choice the FO gets the call.
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Seems like a perfect player for Al Davis.
  8. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    as far as position I think they may let him try QB first ;)
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,301 Messages
    4,619 Likes Received

There was an interesting discussion on one of the espn draft specials about this topic.

They said if they want a chance to win quicker then they should go with Matt because he basically knows the offense due to Norm Chow being there.

Said if they take Vince then they know they will have to wait a bit for him to get NFL ready.

I keep thinking Matt as well because of them getting Norm last year but who knows.
  10. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Tenn sees to be the favorite!
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I hear a lot of people saying Oakland and Young and I'm with those who say they can see it happening. Having said that, if they do take Young, I would like to be the first in line to try and aquire Walter. I liked him in college, I liked better then any QB coming out that year and I still like him. I think he can be a heck of a QB if he gets a chance.
  12. ljs44

ljs44 Member

460 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Not sure, but whoever does will be EXTREMELY happy.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,096 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    What he said.
  14. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The owner wants Young because no matter how badly he struggles, Young is exciting. Exciting players put fannies in the seats and cash in the owner's pocket.
  15. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    At 1st chances are your right however winning put fanny in the seats and as much as fans may like a particular player those same fans will turn on a player if things go south. If your going to draft a player then draft a guy who you think will overall help your team win not who is the most popular guy today.
  16. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jacksonville -winning team with a stout defense and plodding offense -season ticket sales down.

Atlanta -- mediocre team with Michael Vick -- sales up.
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Somehow....I don't care.
  18. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    May be the case in Jacksonville but by and large I would think people are more interested in winning. As for Alt had they not made it to the playoffs with Vick there is a good chance that those sales would not be up as he has been struggling. Worst thing any franchise can do is have the fans dictate what they do and who they pick up because as I said fans turn on players quickly if things don't go well.
  19. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,138 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Barring no N.O. trade, I think Leinart will go to Tenn. as the more finished and ready prospect.

I think Oakland is the destination if no other trades occur. Cutler won't go before VY; his hype is finally cooling down and #10 (Arizona) will be the highest he'll go. Don't count out those wacky Lions though.
  20. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I think TN taking Young or Leinert depends on if they want to keep McNair around for another year. If they go with Leinert McNair is gone. If they go with Young they need McNair as a mentor.