1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vince Young going pro

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Jan 7, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just announced on the pregame show. Good news for Aggie fans everywhere :D
  2. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

790 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Nice. Its like us moving up one pick ;) I think you get what im saying lol.
  3. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He's doing the right thing. I'm looking forward to seeing him play with the big boys.
  4. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    So, which team would he be the best fit for? I think of the top teams picking, Tennessee may be his best place, since he would be replacing a relatively mobile QB and the team would already be used to that.

This is just going off my head for right now, I will re-think it and decide later, but at first glance, it would be Tennessee.
  5. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think New Orleans would be good too.
  6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    That is true as well.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,970 Likes Received
    Nawlins. Leinert to the Jets. Bush to Texans.
  8. Swat

Swat Benched

68 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, they only said that he's telling people close to him that he's leaning towards going pro.

No official decision has been made yet.
  9. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Young to the Titans.........
  10. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Mort on ESPN metioned that NO would probably take Leinart and Tennesee woud then be in line for Young. This would probably be an ideal fit for him considering that he could learn while backing up McNair for a year or two.
  11. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the draft order at the top is pretty much set. Houston has said they will take Bush even if Young comes out.
    1) Houston - Bush
    2) New Orleans - Matt (unless he pulls an eli)
    3) Tennessee - Vince Young (need a QB and McNair is his mentor, Chow will make him a great one).
  12. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Jet's aren't ready for a QB like Young (meaning, they are used to pure pocket passers ref. o-line, but that may not make a difference).

Texans already have Carr and owe him nine million this next year....even if they cut him and signed Young, there would be WAAY to much of their cap space taken up in one position...especially for a team with so many needs.

New Orleans or Tennessee....wouldn't be surprised with either, but leaning towards New Orleans now because they have a mini-Young already....if he can be equated with Young.
  13. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Theoretically, we move up one spot, but not if you factor in Wisconsin OT Joe Thomas tearing his ACL in the bowl game. He was likely to declare.
  14. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah if Vince indeed goes Pro, since appearantly the Texans are going to pick Reggie Bush, I hope he does go to Tennessee and learns under both McNair and Norm Chow. He like Hiero said would become a really great one under Chow. In New Orleans even before the Hurricane was already a joke as a franchise and with what has happened only makes it worse. Most likely he would be a bust in New Orleans and I really hope they don't pick Vince Young.
  15. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still hope he stays though at Texas so we can repeat and he can win the Heisman which he should of won this year
  16. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tennessee has already announced that they would take him if he came out. New Orleans is going to take Leinart and the Texans, Bush.
  17. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vince will be a huge bust in the NFL and Texas will fall from grace. :)
  18. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't see NO passing on Young.
  19. whcarm

whcarm Member

482 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Leinart, Young and Vick. It is going to be interesting to see where all these guys land.
  20. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Part of me hopes he stays with Texas to win that Heisman as well. I think he showed who the "real" Heisman winner was as well.