1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vince Young's Workout

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by yennor24, Mar 22, 2006.

1. yennor24

yennor24 Member

241 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My Father who's a pro scout for the Broncos, just called me and told me that VY workout went well...He said he would take him in the Top 5. It was confirmed that he ran a 4.57, but he said that considering his size thats not dissapointing.....He also said he is more accurate than everyone thinks......
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received

Link

It was on the top of the first page.

That said, thanks for the info. Any details on how he did throwing the ball?
  3. yennor24

yennor24 Member

241 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He said he did well in the Passing drills, He also stated that he was more impressed with his throwing than Michael Vick...
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received

That's good. Although it's not saying much. :D
  5. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Sean Salisbury is on 103.3 talking about it right now, and he said he was incredibly impressed with Young. He said Young was surprisingly accurate and his arm was very strong... And he says Young doesn't even know what he's doing yet. Said some of his throws didn't come off his hand the way he wanted, but the ball still got to the right spot just the same.

SS says he's a top-5 pick for sure. He's even waffling on if he'd take Leinart ahead of him, and he's a huge USC and Leinart homer.
  7. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm 47 and I still throw better than Michael Vick (I really do) so that's not saying much.

Young's deep passes are the ones he is weak at. I'd be interested to know how he did specifically on those throws.
  8. jumanji

jumanji Member

678 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    salisbury played at usc, so its surprising to hear him say that.
  9. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    more people will come more impressed with him as they watch him instead of having those false doubts that he'll be like Mike Vick when they are totally different players.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,464 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    yup.

Young is accurate and does what needs to be done to make plays successful.
    The fact he can do that on the run is what will make him the best QB of this class and possibly in the league for a years in his prime.

Young is going to need a year or so to work on basic mechanics but he can win games now with his overall athleticism and play-making.

Vick has a very strong arm but he is in the wrong offense and is small for the position.
  11. acis516

acis516 Member

66 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I agree completely. My concern would be the change from the spread offense to a conventional offense. Regardless, I see VY being a a superstar in this league.

Also, Vick is TOO small for his type of game. If VY was too play the same type of game as Vick, at least VY has the size for it.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Salisbury said out of 54 throws, 5 hit the ground... 2 overthrows and 3 drops...

He said his throws were incredibly accurate...
  13. wick

wick Active Member

745 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    You have it backward. Young's strength is the deep throw. When he's been inaccurate passing, it's usually been short stuff.
  14. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So Young will follow Uncle Rico as the next QB prospect with poor mechanics but excellent accuracy...
  15. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

945 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    but Young doesn't have the arm strength to throw it over the mountain...
  16. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    That is cool having a father as a scout.....you get all the insight! :starspin
  17. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How much you want to make a bet?
  18. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

945 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  19. yennor24

yennor24 Member

241 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is usually tough on the college players....So I was surprised when he said VY did real well.....Last year he was real high on The Rookie RB for the Bucs Williams so I drafted him for my fantasy league team and it paid off...LOL
  20. watertown

watertown Member

274 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chris Mortenson has sources that told him it was a bad workout