1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vintage Romo

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by Gus, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Gus

Gus Member

128 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That is all.
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,550 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Go away, troll.
    Afigueroa22 and SDCowboy85 like this.
  3. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

337 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Where's the dislike button?
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,207 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    its easy when you arent looking at Garrett. Every qb makes a mistake and his team helps him. ROmo makes a mistake and Garrett crumbles.
  5. movaughn88

movaughn88 Active Member

108 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Good post. You should write for a blog or something.

We took on the best team in the league thats head and shoulders above anyone, took punches in the mouth and fell to bad luck. Watch how other teams do against them this season.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  6. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,397 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Yeah. Throwing for over 500 yards and 5 TDs. Carrying the team on his back with absolutely no help from his defense. Then he finally throws his second pick of the season at the end of game 5 and he sucks. Only Romo could be the villain after leading his team to 48 points. Reminds me of when the threw 4 TDs and 0 picks against the giants and lost. The defense blew a 12 point lead with five minutes left and Romo was the goat. Some fans are absolutely clueless.
    ringmaster, Boyzmamacita and chuffly like this.
  7. Gus

Gus Member

128 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    How can anyone defend him. Haven't we've seen his before? He is what he is and the great ones win these games.
    KB1122 likes this.
  8. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Same movie, same ending!!
  9. Gus

Gus Member

128 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ooh, it's so exciting to see a QB throw for 500 yards--and lose! Ahhh, remember the days of 12 for 28 and 250 yards and a great running game...really miss that...
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,430 Messages
    1,333 Likes Received
    It's not that Romo a threw a INT.... in essentially what is the story of Tony Romo's career, it's <when> he threw the INT.
  11. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,241 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The QB that will never win anything that matters, ever.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Because we know football and you are just a troll.
  13. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Wrong......the great ones usually have some semblance of defense. This team goes nowhere w/o Romo. This team has lost 2 straight because of the ineffectiveness of the defense. Teams win as teams and never blame a single player over a loss. Had this defense stopped Peyton a couple of drives, Dallas would have won....as a team. They lost as a team with 98% of the blame going to defense.
  14. KLJ

KLJ Member

250 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    romo got me 54 points today. that is all.
  15. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,770 Messages
    1,193 Likes Received
    As long as we win.
  16. chuffly

chuffly Well-Known Member

1,991 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Because he was far and away the number one reason we had the ball with a chance to win it at the end?

That will do for starters.

I always love laughably silly statements like the bolded, where people come up with some completely vague and arbitrary criterion, and then imagine that every great quarterback would have met it. And of course, it's never followed by a wit of evidence to support, either.
  17. Gus

Gus Member

128 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I respectfully ask you, how many more times do we need to see Romo make a critical, game-altering miscue before we say he ' is what he is'? That is what I am questioning here...I just believe that we have seen the best of his QB skills at this time.
  18. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,704 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    You're right.......That is all I'll ever have to read your tripe. Darn, my ignore list is building again!
  19. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Were we winning?
  20. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,905 Messages
    350 Likes Received

Tony Romo
    's lone interception Sunday was the 23rd fourth-quarter interception of his career. The Cowboys have lost each of the last eight games in which Romo has thrown a fourth-quarter interception, with six of those eight losses coming by seven points or less.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331006006

....timing is everything...