1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Virginian GOP gubernatorial candidate's writings come back to haunt him

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by TheRat, Aug 31, 2009.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Femi Nazi's
  2. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Ok, so he wrote a paper for an EVANGICAL university that falls in line with those values. This was written what? 25 years ago? Let me know when Obama's thesis is released.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Last time around you were discounting Obama health Czars writings and now you bring this? Good grief. Try a little consistency. The running joke of the board continues in his dysfunctional ways.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I believe Barney Frank already has a man friend, so you will have to wait in line.:D
  5. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Personally, I am tired of taking a person's views from awhile back and trying to say that was the moment....and they will always be like that.

Opinions evolve. People make mistakes and realize it.

Its how they evolved from that.

Not to say anything about this guy specifically. I'm just saying in general.
  6. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,651 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Nice to see the politics of personal destruction at work again. Instead of saying "why you should vote for my guy" we get a post saying "why you shouldn't vote for the other guy." But here's your logical fallacy: The people most likely to be upset (or, I should say, pretend to be upset) by what he wrote are the people who certainly weren't going to vote for him anyway, wouldn't you agree?

The question is are mainstream voters going to care? Is there anything in that document from 20 years ago so upsetting and offensive that it turns off the moderates? No doubt some will disagree with some of his views expressed therein but, keeping in mind that it is 20 years old, I just don't see anything so over-the-top that it turns off moderates.
  7. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,526 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Not just Michelle O's college thesis, Lets continue to look at who Left/Obama is putting in positions of Govt power
    Dr. Ezekiel Rahm: H.Care advisor.........he of the radical population control
    Holdren......Czar.......radical population control
    SCOTUS Ginsburg.....thought abortion was just to control "those people" level
    Van Jones...green czar.........unabashed commie....
    Harry Reid......Senate Maj ldr......he of wanting a private business to fail
    B.Frank.......nuff said

These people are in positions of actual power.......they can do everything from passing legislation, to mold legislation, to enforce legislation....

The Left wants to paint G.Beck as a loon........but he cannot sponsor new laws, he cannot vote on new laws, he cannot advise or help meld new legislation..........neither can Palin, Rush, Levin.......

and now the left brings up a paper by a GOP rep that says the obvious that a mother working outside the home is a detriment to the raising of the children.
  8. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting. I haven't heard anything about this here in Virginia yet.

We're only a few months away from the election, and there still haven't been ANY ads on TV for this race as far as I can see.

Creigh Deeds, the Democrat running against McDonnell, is a very weak candidate. I think McDonnell has a great chance to reverse the blue tide here in Virginia, and I've fully expected him to win. But things like that won't help his cause. This isn't as bad as Allen's "makaka" gaffe, but it's reminiscent.

He'll obviously do well in all of rural Virginia, and this won't hurt his cause at all there, but he already should have had that locked up. In Northern Virginia, though, where the greatest population growth has been, this could be damaging.

Republicans are dying for a major state-wide victory here, after a series of embarrassing losses over the past few elections. The Allen one was particularly painful because he was such a favorite and would have likely run for President (and I think won the nomination) had he not stepped in it. McDonnell is the best nominee we've had for Governor since Gilmore, and if he blows it because of something like this, it's gonna leave a mark.
  9. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you're 100% right, and we saw that last year with the elections, and in 2004 also. It wasn't "for" Kerry. It was against Bush, and didn't work. Same with Obama. I also don't see Moderates voting GOP quite yet though. They seem to give parties a few cycles before booting them.
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    personally, i'm just tired of therat and can't wait till he gets banned again.
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This will hurt you in the next election.
  12. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
  13. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    How so? I find it to be one of my more right-leaning or moderate points of view. I'm just curious how it will hurt me, personally in the next election.
  14. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

You do realize that was a joke, don't you?
  15. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    If it was, I feel like a ditsy blond because I don't get it. Oh, never mind, you're referring to the article.

Duh.

Funny, my old friend. Very funny. By the way, do you ever miss the old days at Austin360? LOL
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,172 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Are you available?
  17. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,172 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Agreed

I only think it is useful to go back to old comments when a person is condemning someone for a similar comment now, such as when Dr. Laura rips on people for "shacking up" when she did.

However, just because he hated chicks and homos before, doesn't mean he does now.
  18. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,869 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Hmmm...
    http://deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/24/1219454.aspx

But all of the articles he wrote for the Harvard Law Review are available if you care to look.
  19. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,869 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    No I wouldn't. Especially the moderate and independent women.

I disagree with that assessment. Maybe you don't see any of those beliefs as "over-the-top" because you share many of them, but I can promise you that many Northern Virginian moderates and independents will certainly get turned off.
  20. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,869 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Well obviously she can't now because she is a quitter.