1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vollers Wrist Injury

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Teague31, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Saw mention of it but no real story... anyone have the scoop? If he has any sort of significant injury, we need to sign someone ASAP.
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    whether he's hurt or not we need to sign somebody...

Vollers and Tucker suck

David
  3. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Vollers, for whatever reason is BP's security blanket at tackle. If he's out we have to get another swing player (unless we think Petiti or Tucker can play LT too). BP likes Vollers because he knows what he gives him -- he's mediocre but consistently so. Most coaches take that over the guy who stinks on one play and is good on the next.
  4. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Vollers was terrible yesterday. he got beat up by Seattle
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,129 Messages
    4,591 Likes Received
    This story should be at the top of the board IMO. If Vollers is down for any significant period of time we don't have a big hole at OT. We have a major problem.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    VOllers injury probably means that BP is going to HAVE to shop for a T.
  7. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  8. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree!!! emphatically!!!
  9. mullet

mullet Member

841 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Vollers isn't untouchable...... I think the fact they haven't let him compete to start at RT is very telling. This 'swing' man line is bogus. He could very easily not make the team. I am not sure who would be first backup up at LT though.
    Vollers has looked like butt.
  10. jobberone

39,129 Messages
    4,591 Likes Received
    The most important part of that equation is we only have one good experienced tackle on the team: Flo. That makes the OT position at least still a big hole. If you think Vollers is not very good then we have TT, a rookie and a not very good OT with a possible injured wrist on the team.

IMO that gives us a very huge question mark at RT with no true backup at LT. It takes a big hole and makes it a major problem IMO.

I hope no news is good news and we are at least in the same position we were after we lost Rogers.

And I would have to disagree with you and say that all the OTs on the team right this moment are untouchable.

That could and probably should change if we acquire another one or two OTs. And the liklihood of us acquiring an experienced OT will go up to 100% IMO if we lose Vollers or any OT on the team for any significant time.
  11. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Truth be told, Parcells will probably tell us all tomorrow that he "isn't aware of any injury" to Vollers.
    :whip:
  12. jobberone

39,129 Messages
    4,591 Likes Received
    That would be a good thing.
  13. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,291 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Indeed, the loss of Vollers would be bad in the sense that there really isn't another backup LT candidate. Petitti could probably be a LT backup, but he is working his way towards being the starting RT.

Verba is probably the only FA worth a darn that could play LT and RT.