1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Von Miller.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bulldog, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

159 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have argued that I think he is too small for a 34 OLB, and I think the Cowboys have greater area's of need @ #9.

But WOW!
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's incredibly explosive, but not terribly smooth. I wouldn't take him at 9.

He'll be good though.
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,927 Messages
    100 Likes Received

Finesse rusher, doesnt play with much attitude.

Calling it now. Bust of this draft.
  4. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,632 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    He looks good in shorts, but still doesn't have the experience taking on blockers as a Rush 3-4 LB. He might be able to get by with good matchups, but I don't think he will succeed unless he sees a team that likes to blitz, like the Jets, Steelers, or Pats. A team like us or the Texans, I don't see him being a good OLB unless a player on the Dline can take some attention away from him. I liken him to Kamerion Wimberly.

Akeem Ayers on the other hand...
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,264 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    I take Robert Quinn over Miller.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with your critiques of him wholeheartedly, but I don't think he'll be a bust.

I don't like the fact that he's not a physical player. I just really see his speed being neutralized by the better OTs he'll see in the NFL.

I don't think he'll be a bust because I think he's a prototype WLB in a 43.
  7. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Martez Wilson 4.4. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I think he'll be a monster as a OLB in a 3-4. Apparently he ran a sub 1.5 10 yd split to.
  8. MarionBarberThe4th

11,927 Messages
    100 Likes Received

Now youre talking about a position change which is even shakier. Im hearing he will be an OLB for the Cards or Bills. (Hopefully for us)

I think he will be similar to Vernon Gholston but substitute speed for strength. A frustrating player with great athletic ability but wont want to mix it up and no desire to be great.
  9. dcboy

dcboy Member

179 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'll take him in a heartbeat! I'm at work and don't know what crazy numbers he must have put up to trigger this thread, but I want him based on what I have seen on the field.
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

He's going to be a better ILB then OLB. He just is not that good off the edge. He has very poor flexibility and has trouble getting under the pads of offensive lineman. His best production came from the inside as a rusher.
  11. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yikes, that's a bit harsh. I haven't seen or heard any indications that the kid doesn't want to get better.
  12. Jaxonsdaddd

Jaxonsdaddd Member

327 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Von Miller will be the most disruptive defensive player in this draft.

I pray for this guy to fall to #9
  13. MarionBarberThe4th

11,927 Messages
    100 Likes Received

Im going off body language and what I see when hes relatively out of a play. Dont take it to the bank or anything lol

I dont like my #1 defensive playmaker to be a guy who is kind of blah at times on the field. I didnt see a killer instinct and if hes supposed to be some attack dog in the NFL I think he will be a bust.
  14. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I say that because I saw him play this year against Michigan and he looked horrid at ILB. I think with some coaching he'd pull a move outside off. He's physical and really explosive, and he needs is to add a few pounds. He's pulled it together the past year though.

The guy I want most a OLB after Quinn is Brooks Reed. I'd be all over him in the 2nd. He looked sick today.
  15. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Has teh potential to be an outstanding OL in the righ 43 defense. Too small for 34 OLB though, and ILB would be a waste of his talents.
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    It's not strange that we are debating, NFL teams are doing the same. IMO, I want him at neither. He's one head on collision from aggravating what is already a suspect back injury.

I like me some Brooks Reed as well. IMO, he's flying under the radar right now.
  17. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Read my SIG, that's all you need to know about how I feel about Von Miller, he's a pure playmaker!
  18. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,883 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    ILB..
  19. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

what:confused:
  20. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched