1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Vontaze Burfict: 5.0 40-yard Dash

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    slowwwwwwwww 4.9 and second attempt 5.10:lmao2:
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,018 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    His nickname will now be slow-mo.
  3. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,428 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    This guy was one of the mose overhyped college players I can remember in quite some time. Never been impressed with him at all, his film looks like a late Rounder and now he's testing out like a late Rounder... and that's not even factoring in his bad attitude.
  4. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    lol and we thought james was slow.

vontaze is more of a 2 down run only linebacker something like brandon spikes. Didn't brandon spikes run in the 5's?
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He's either going to be a spectacular bust that's out of the league in 2 years or he's going to be this Brandon Spikes type of loud mouthed, 2 down battering ram that's always jawing and giving his defense swagger. He does have phenomenal anticipation on the blitz.
  6. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    if he is there in round 4 or 5 i would take him. Depending on how his interviews and the rest of his drills go. We need some SWAG on D. Too many church boys on D.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Exactly the player I had in mind. Burfict will still be a very useful player if put on the right team with leadership and used in the right situations. You dont have to have good straight line speed if youre staying in the box all the time. Jeremiah Trotter made quite a good living doing it.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,244 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Slow a foot and between the ears. Never wanted this guy.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    The problem for him is that now he is exclusively a 3-4 ILB, where is a 4-3 team going to play him?
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This guy really lost some money this year . His bad play and bad attitude has caused his stock to nose dive .
  11. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,195 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I bet he doesn't fall past mid second round.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    I'll take that bet.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,551 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    As long as it isn't Dallas, I don't care.
  14. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    This guy is going to be lucky to get drafted at the rate he's going.

http://bruce-feldman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/31626208/35006810
    Over the weekend in Indy, I spoke to a few NFL scouts and assistants about some draft hopefuls. I'm not sure any player here sparked a worse reaction than Vontaze Burfict. Seems the Arizona State linebacker has gone from being plagued by yellow flags to eliciting red ones now.

"I wouldn't touch him," said one scout. "He does have some talent, but he is so undisciplined on and off the field. The guy is completely out of control. There's no way you could trust him. I can't believe they (ASU coaching staff) didn't cut him loose."

Burfict, who measured in at 6-feet-3, 248 pounds (about 12 under his playing weight this season, he said), has received a lot of hype over his college career. Much of it stemmed from some of his thunderous hits, but it was his recklessness that also dogged him and the Sun Devils from his first season at ASU to his last. He was selected to some all-American teams as a sophomore in 2010, but didn't even earn All-Pac-12 honors in 2011 before he opted to enter the draft as a junior, when he made just 69 tackles on a team that many thought would win at least 10 games but instead finished just 6-7.

“I played average,” Burfict explained to reporters in Indy. “I could've played better. That's what hurt me at times. The coaches kind of messed me up. I didn't know if I would start a game or be benched. It hurt me, but I tried to fight through it.”

NFL personnel folks cringe when they hear a player publicly put some of the blame on his coaches.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think his response only cements his downfall . This kid is doing everything possible to hurt his draft stock . He needs help .
  16. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate tootin' my own horn but I have to... I've been telling folks that Burfict ain't nearly the athlete some thought he was.

He's soft, pudgy, slightly knock-kneed, bad instincts, bad motor, bad attitude....
  17. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,022 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    Spikes ran a 5.06. The difference between Spikes and Burcift is Spikes was an All-American playing in the SEC. Burcift basically took the year off.
  18. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,518 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    What is the bet?
  19. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Want to know how a 40 can effect a players status.

A few of the sames scouts I talked to that said Vontaze would not slip out of round 1 now say he make of taken a 2 round dip. Coupled with the character issues the 40 time is just too much to ignore I guess.