1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wade Wilson Is Staying

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 17, 2013.

1. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    I kind of look at Kiffin and Marinelli as co-DC's. Forget the titles.
  2. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,602 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Too many people here are hung up on titles.
  3. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Garrett was a journeyman.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I take it "Assistant Head Coach" is just a meaningless title that's used to sweeten the pot a little bit to pay a little more than the going market rate for positional coaches. It has nothing to do with power or organizational structure.
  5. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,602 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    And your point is? Are you saying that Wilson is head coaching material? If you are, then I really have nothing else to say to you except "God help you".
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Look i get not liking Wilson but that is asinine statement.

Jouneymen tend to be better coaches then HOF in fact tell me all the great HOF players that have been great coaches.

Hell how many great HC in the NFL have never played at the Pro Level :banghead:

Pure nonsense just say you think he is a terrible coach instead of making ridiculous hyperbole statements.
  7. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,602 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I'll accept that. At least I won't go reporting this post because you called my statement "asinine" like some people around here do.

Lookit, you can't say that journeymen are any better coaches than HOF players who become coaches because of the sheer numbers involved. There are thousands of journeymen QBs out there, some of whom become coaches and aren't worth a wooden nickel. Once in a great, great while you get a Sean Payton. More often then not, in fact WAY more often than not, you don't. Wilson is no Payton. Garrett is no Payton. So your comparisons are just as asinine.
  8. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's great that Wade Wilson is staying. Romo is getting up there in age and we need to develop a young guy. If theres one thing Wilson has proven he can do, that is develop young QBs.

:)
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,861 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
    Is Wilson here because Romo is here or vice versa?
  10. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hasn't Romo outgrown Wilson? At this point Romo has seen situations and defenses that Wade never had as a player, and Romo probably understands the current NFL from Wilson's coaching at a maximum. Wilson is a QB coach from one style of offense and is enmeshed in the Garrett delusion of illusory control of defenses by repetition of similar failing plays.

It would seem that Wilson is an ominous signal of more of the same.
  11. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Oh yeah more comfort zone for Romo...what a joke
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Except Wilson has more Playoff wins than Tony and made it to the NFC Championship game :eek:

He was the starting QB in the Playoffs for Min in 1987, 1988 & 1989

87 = 2-1
    88 = 1-1
    89= 0-1
  13. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,602 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I don't have time for you.
  14. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,470 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    I am starting to worry a little. By far our biggest problem last year was the way Garrett handled the offense. So we make wholesale changes on defense (which I like) but only change running back coaches on offense? We will never go anywhere with Garrett running the offense. I hope Jerry doesn't waste another season on him. Besides, he may be a decent head coach if that is all he does. He absolutely sucks pulling double duty. The best way for him to save his job is to let someone else entirely take over the offense.
  15. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,698 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    UGH. I dont think Wade is any helpful to Romo.
  16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    Buddy Rich was considered the greatest drummer ever.

He had a drum teacher when he was thought of this way.

How'd that happen?
  17. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Great.....so I guess Peete was responsible for those 3 horrible INTs against the Skins.

Lets keep the same gang around with Romo, I'm sure that will lead to different results...../sarcasm
  18. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,344 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    Bless his heart.

Overrated but, gosh darn it, he means well and keeps working hard and is a hell of a good dancer. I wish him the best in Houston.
  19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,344 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    Forgive me, op, i saw the name wade and i flashed to Wade Phillips.
    Sorry. My reading comprension has been bad ever since the brane operation. my apologies again.
  20. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And I agree that such playoff involvement is a good resume if he were just starting with Romo, but Wilson has been coaching or counseling Romo for 6 years now to what end? At what point does the playoff experience kick in and make a difference? Is it like timed release medication that becomes suddenly more effective seven years after taking it.

Romo's decisions have not improved, but Jason and Wade have done little to take away Romo's need to make those decisions.