1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WalterFootball.com 1/16/14 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Agree, basing picks on Marinellis preferences when there's no guarantee how long he'll be here is idiotic
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,851 Likes Received
    I do think that Nix is a very good player that can play in any scheme. They would need to analyze his mental-makeup to be certain that he is not inclined to gain weight. He would probably benefit from dropping a few pounds, especially if he is drafted by a 4-3 team.

The thing that worries me about the smaller DL is that the NFL is allowing OLinemen to hold a lot. Holding has a bigger affect on the smaller, quicker DLinemen than on the bigger DL that can power through the holds. If a player like Dontari Poe gets matched up against and underpowered OLineman, it does not matter how much the OLineman holds him, he will just drive the guy straight back to the QB.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    Thats why teams generally dont want guys like donald and Sutton. Small arms. You get a DT with long arms he can fight off that block
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,851 Likes Received
    Yep, I posted a few times about Drake Nevis being limited due to short arms. He is a quicker player than Corvey Irvin and had a better college highlight reel, but his 31.5" arms seemed to be a big reason that he couldn't get off blocks if he didn't win with his 1st step; whereas, Irvin seemed to be better in that area thanks to his 34.75" arms.

Nevis keeps flashing to mind when I see these shorter draft prospects like Sutton and Donald. It will be interesting to see their arm length.