1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WalterFootball mock draft with a few tweeks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RamziD, Dec 25, 2011.

1. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

1. Devon Still, DE
    2. Johnathan Banks, CB
    3. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB

I'd tweak that a little to:

1. Cordy Glenn, OG (considering we can't get DeCastro)
    2. Markelle Martin, FS
    3. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB

FA: Cortland Finnegan, CB
    Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs, OG

I think (hope) Jerry knows that we need a lot of help on defense and won't be afraid to spend a little money this offseason.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Must

Get

Another

Pass Rusher
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  5. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,003 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    NO to Finnegan...not NO but ***NO he is simple a dirty player
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,403 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    If Dallas does lose against the Giants, I think they'll have a fighting chance of getting DeCastro.

I don't see Still as having enough speed to be much of a pass rusher as a 3-4 DE.
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Pass rushing is on of Still's weak spots .He will be Spears part 2 .
  8. MichaelWinicki

32,403 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's kinda how I see him.

We don't need another 3-4 DE getting a half-dozen pressures a year with one sack.

That's killing this defense.
  9. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and he takes to many plays off

give me

Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 302.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.92.
    Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

12/21/11: Wolfe has had an excellent senior season with 64 tackles, 19.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles and 9.5 sacks. At the point of attack, he overwhelms offensive linemen with his strength and speed. Wolfe closes on the quarterback quickly and plays the run extremely well. He also has a nice repertoire of pass-rushing moves and uses a strong rip move. Entering the NFL, Wolfe has very good technique with a relentless motor. He could be an ideal 3-4 defensive end. Don't be surprised to see him move up during the draft process.

other than him wait until later rounds
  10. MichaelWinicki

32,403 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    Wolfe's a good choice.

Unless he crashes & burns at the combine he won't make it till the 3rd round.

Would be a great pick up in round 2.

DeCosta in round 1 and this guy in round 2 would be an amazing start to the draft for the Dallas Cowboys IMHO.
  11. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,074 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    That's why I'm not stressing out over the upcoming Cowboy/Giant game. The way I see it, we win either way. In order to have any success next year, our #1 priority has to be the OLine. You have to tailor your team to winning your division. With the dominant DLines that the Giants/Eagles possess, we must get DeCastro in order to have a chance to win the division.
  12. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Thats the key, jerry jones must spend the money and get about 3 key players, then 3 key players in the draft. :starspin
  13. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I am not too keen on still, why, underachiever, didnt do to well his first few years at college, then did good his last year, is that because still knows he is fixing to get good money for the draft his last yr in college so he played hard his last yr? Give me a player that has produced most of the time. Not his last year to possibly get money. Remember now, spencer did that his last yr, and we have seen how that has worked out.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    for a lineman relentless motor is an absolute MUST. This guy looks like just maybe the one. We need to either replace on ofour DE's with a guy like this or Spencer. We MUST have a second serious Pass Rush threat coming from the other side. If nothing else that has been made clear this year
  15. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,012 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Wow...I think that's EXACTLY what this defense needs.
  16. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Generally I'd be against dirty players but when you're almost grandma like in your disposition across almost your whole defense, you really need someone who intimidates and gets in the head of the opponent. Someone you jar back and forth with, get in to spars with and require your team to come separate the two of you. That kind of thing builds tenacity imo.
  17. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    He's #1 on my FA list right now but I doubt Jerry goes after him.

The guy is a physical corner that loves to play man to man and that type of CB is good in Rob Ryan's D.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,077 Messages
    4,421 Likes Received
    If finnegan had the talent to go with the attitude it might be different. But he does not and will make a stupid penalty because some burns him. He is a punk who's skill level does not match his attitude.
  19. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He seemed to be tracking quite well as a young player a few years ago. But now, I agree, he's reached a plateau and isn't the player he looked to be a few seasons ago.
  20. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Pretty sure you guys don't watch Finnegan play at all.

http://mobile.musiccitymiracles.com/2011/12/23/2657265/cortland-finnegan-on-pffs-pro-bowl-team

PFFs pro bowl team isn't a popularity contest either. You actually have to play well to be considered. Oh and look, it says he cut out the stupid stuff ...