1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wanna See My Mock?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Oct 23, 2011.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    1st - Seems looks like we are all having a tough time finding a great candidate so far. I like Michael Brewster, Vontaze Burfict, and Chase Minfield. Peter Konz(Center - Wisconsin ) made some nice holes against Michigan State so hes my pick for right now.

2nd - Alameda Ta'amu - NT, Washington - 6'3", 340 lbs. When he has the wind for it, he throws guys into the backfield. Doesnt use his hands too well, but that can be coached. Cant coach his H/W/S. Collapses the pocket and generally uglies things up for the QB. Would help Ware tremendously.
    [IMG]

3rd - Flirted with Michigan St. QB Kirk Cousins here. He likes to drift, hold into it til the last second and squeeze it in. Reminds me of Jay Cutler a little bit. But he will go higher than this I think. Give me ..... Ladarius Green! TE - Laffayyettte - Boooo says you. Hes 6'6", 230 lbs Good speed, averaging 18 yards a catch. You booed DeMarco Murray at the time too, give him a chance

4th - Trumane Johnson - CB -Montana - 6'2", 200 lbs - 13 picks.

5th - Desmond Wynn - Guard - Rutgers - I know this guy, hes ok I guess.

6th Russel Wilson QB - Wisconsin
    - ChrisInArizona likened him to the black Tony Romo. It would give us the black Tony Romo, the white Tony Romo, and the real Tony Romo.

6th - Jacquies Smith - Mizzou - OLB - 6'4", 255 lbs Production is improving every year, we need another one of these.

7th. Devin Wylie - WR/PR - Fresno St.
    - 5'9 - Slot WR, returner, looks to have great speed
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,942 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11. Even if he is that tall, it's too small to play QB in the NFL
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received

I cant shake it, the guy won me over a couple years ago. His team was winning a bowl game then when he went down they lost by like double digits. I think theres something to him. I would go too much higher than a 6th because the allure of playing baseball instead of sitting for years and taking big hits is very real to all these guys.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,805 Messages
    7,173 Likes Received
    I expected more commentary. So I guess I would say you have a small mock.
  5. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,595 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Love Konz and the TE pick. We need a second TE who's the downfield threat Bennett was supposed to be. I like Paulson in the fourth. Not thrilled with taking a NG that high. If it's not a guard, I'd rather it be a corner, safety or even a QB.
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,747 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    Gonna need a MLB at some point too doubt Brooking has another year left in him and James' play is fading fast
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,346 Messages
    1,987 Likes Received
    Rd 1: Konz
    Rd 2: Ta'amu
    Rd 3 : best CB/or best QB (depending on value)
    Rd 4: best CB or QB (whichever we did not take in Rd 3)
    Rd 5: base OG or ILB
    rest: who knows
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,230 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    I think this is why they draft Carter in round 2 last year.
  9. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,747 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    That gives us a total of 2, gonna need at least 1 more if not 2
  10. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,230 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    You only need 2 to start. I can see us bringning Brooking or James back for one year. Or sign a vetern.
    This one more will be mainly a back up if Carter shows some great flashes.
    No reason to draft a LB early just to be a back up behind two young players.
    Drafting one in the 4th-6th will be more like it but how much can a 4th round rookie help out or do more than Brooking or James or another vetern. Rightnow Brooking is our backup ILB.
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received

Well there ya go

I think Ladarius Green could easily be that Graham/Finley type of weapon. And if you look at his frame he can easily add a few pounds if need be.

[IMG]
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Drew Brees and Michael Vick are both listed as 6'0", although in person, Vick is closer to 5'11". Doug Flutie was 5'10" so it isn't impossible for a small QB to play.
  13. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Russell Wilson will be long gone before the 6th round.

I'm thinking 1st or 2nd round. The guy has been mentioned as a Heisman candidate as recently as last week. He is accurate, has a strong arm and can run.
  14. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol, wanna make a bet he doesn't get taken in the 1st or 2nd round?
  15. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mock sucker!
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,548 Messages
    5,283 Likes Received
    And the award for creepiest thread title goes to.....
  17. MarionBarberThe4th

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I think Last night a pretty good case was made for my first 3 or 4 picks.

We have a ton of plays for Bennet and he ****s them up all the time. Who knew when you take a guy who wants to be a star and make him block 80% of the time hed be lazy and dumb.

No one on the D-line is as good as Ware makes them look, a NT like Lameda Ta'amu would make Ware's sack total go up even higher because there would be a much smaller pocket to step up into.

Konz looked GREAT again. His pulling is pretty extraordinary. If Konz doesnt come up I wasnt impressed with DeCastro from Stanford.