1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ware calls this the "closest" team he's played on in Dallas, credits that bond...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Dec 17, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,040 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    The secret to December success for this Cowboys’ team, in the estimation of linebacker DeMarcus Ware, rests with the better chemistry within the locker room.
    “This is the closest team I’ve been on in any year I’ve been here. And I’ve been here eight years,” said Ware, who has watched this team climb to 8-6 _ and grab a share of first place in the NFC East standings _ with a 3-0 start to the December schedule. “It’s about how all 11 guys get together, play together with that passion and intensity and do the right things. That’s what we’ve been doing and, this December, it’s been a whole different team.”

And a whole different story. Dallas, with a combined December mark of 26-39 over the past 15 seasons (including this one), already is guaranteed of its first winning record in this month since 2001. In many ways, Ware said the team’s high number of injuries has helped facilitate the camaraderie.

“You’ve got six starters that are out on defense. And you’ve got guys who have taken their spots, who have filled their roles,” Ware said. “It’s really not about the name on the back of the jersey.”

Ware played Sunday with a hyperextended elbow, as well as other ailments. Cowboys’ coaches limited his snaps, particularly in run situations, but Ware said he will be ready to go Sunday against New Orleans.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...at-bond-for-december-surge.html#storylink=cpy
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,040 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    Something to be said for chemistry.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    they ought to list the 'ailments' and how long he has had them

some people here then might have to eat their words
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,569 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    Ailments, and also how often they drop him into coverage.

You can forget eating words, they don't even know where the table is.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,197 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    JG got rid of the guys that weren't about football, team and winning, now the locker room has a lot more in common with each other. I remember a few commenting during the draft how everyone he drafted has been a team captain or similar type personality in college.
  6. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    actually that was something he learned from BP- BP wanted team captains and the like as well
  7. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That JG knows NOTHING. Guy doesn't have a clue!
  8. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,579 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Man, I love Ware, Witten and Romo. All of them are very classy guys in addition to being very tough guys to keep off the field.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,996 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Team chemistry is verrrrrrrry important in sports, football especially because each person is co-dependent on one another.
  10. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,245 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    If anyone says he's done or he's over the hill, I think they need to eat every word.

If someone says he's been very average at best this year, that his play has been disappointing, and that his lack of physicality, running around the outside on most plays, has actually hurt the defense ay times, I think there's a good argument there. Injuries can explain a poor season, but injuries don't mean it didn't happen.

Actually, I think his ailments have resulted in more pass coverage and more rush opportunities for Spencer. I think there are more words to digest by the Spencer haters who didn't accept the argument that when Ware is healthy and rushing the QB most of the time, Spencer had other responsibilities.
  11. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Spencer only rushes about 15% less than Ware does and Untill THIS year he got less then 1/3 of Ware's average sacks. Facts are facts. Untill this year Spencer was mostly a no show as regards pass rushing.

And considering our lack of pressure when it mattered except for Ware the last few years then it was very stupid DC's that did not make sure that we were getting as much pressure as possible. Since dropping back and covering worked SO well in the past
  12. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I honestly think from a locker room standpoint that Ratliff needs to go. This team is much closer without him on the field and as much of a fan of his I was before the last two years, I think it's time to move on from him. This team shows heart.
  13. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,854 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    This is the best thing any Cowboy fan can possibly hear.
  14. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Active Member

1,070 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would say he learned it from Jimmy Johnson (He did visit him with Troy before he took over)

And (as he pointed in last night PC) Nick Saban

:cool:
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,625 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    That has been the missing element to this team, IMO

We've finally got it.

It just sucks to have finally clicked in a year with so many injuries
  16. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    i think a coach or two figured this out long before JG was born
  17. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    I do not think Jimmy made it a point to go after team captains. And he certainly was not as careful about RKG.
  18. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,593 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Good one.
    I can't talk.... I've got a lot of eating to do on Spencer.