1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ware Playing Nicked Up; Good Enough To Go On Sundays

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 7, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,339 Messages
    3,196 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – It seemed like DeMarcus Ware[IMG] would avenge his zero-sack performance a week prior after delivering a hit on Eagles quarterback Nick Foles on the first play from scrimmage Sunday.

But Ware’s shoulder and neck began to give him problems later on in that series, and the linebacker finished his second consecutive game without a sack.

“It’s always week to week,” Ware said about his injuries. “When people always tell me how my body feels, I say good enough to play on Sunday.”
    With so many injured players on defense, the Cowboys can’t really afford to lose Ware or linebacker Anthony Spencer[IMG].

Ware gritted it out the rest of the day, but for the first time this season he was held without at least half a sack in back-to-back games. The linebacker still leads the Cowboys with 10 sacks this year and said in the last couple weeks he’s still affecting the quarterback.

“I haven’t been getting sacks the last two or three games, but I’ve been hitting the quarterback, getting pressure on him,” Ware said. “But I’ve got to step it up this week, get those plays, make those big plays this week to win the game.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Sundays/96744f27-7129-4893-bde0-2faa481260f9
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,803 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    That neck issue is starting to become worrisome.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,653 Messages
    1,115 Likes Received
    I guess it's good that he hasn't used it explicitly as an excuse.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,976 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    if he is even talking about it at all its probably a LOT worse then it sounds
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Wow this neck injury might be D-Ware's gradual undoing... :bang2:
  6. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    He was never going to play forever.... safe to say its time to start looking for a replacement.
  7. burmafrd

40,976 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    I remember how scared I was when they carted Ware off that one game with the neck injury. Then he went out and had almost a career game against the Unbeaten Saints the next week.

But those neck injuries start to get to you

If you remember that is what made Dat retire.

I think Ware is in the worst physical condition he has been in his entire career this season. He had that groin in camp and his hammy has been acting up as well.
  8. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unlike the Patriots, the Cowboys will hold onto ware 3 years too long. :bang2:
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    What have the Pats done since they've gotten rid of all of those veteran players including Richard Seymour?
  10. burmafrd

40,976 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    Honestly if they had still had Seymor in 2007 they just might have won that game with more pressure on Manning.
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Ware's playing dinged up. Spencer is playing dinged up. 99 percent of players in the NFL right now are playing dinged up.

Its a contact sport.. its a violent sport.. this is not news.
  12. burmafrd

40,976 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    there is a difference between dinged up and injured.

You do know that right?
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Only in how the terms are subjectively defined.

The title of the article says Ware is playing nicked up.

Well, no kidding.. every player in the NFL is playing with something sore or injured or "nicked up" right now.

Again, its not news. Why not say Spencer is playing nicked up too? Because he is.. but its our star player Ware so we want to make sure its known that he's not producing for a reason. Its just a silly article.
  14. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I would say that it is more than playing nicked up for him, since it is his neck, which affects strength in his extremities.

However, those that may read this don't want to advertise that it is more serious than just a "stinger".
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Im not going to pretend to know how much he's hurting one way or another, but i do think if its something serious, he shouldn't be trying to gut it out all season. Get surgery on it, get yourself fixed up, and then resume your career. If its something that can be made worse by trying to play through it, why risk it? I'd rather have him as a healthy player for the long term than as an injured player who's career gets shortened because he was trying to play through things.

That being said, im not sure if its a situation where there's nothing that can be done to fix his specific problem? I really don't think we have enough information about his neck problems to know.
  16. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    100% agree! Maybe it's nothing that surgery can fix however. I'm no nerve expert certainly, but if it is that, is there anything you can really "fix"? Maybe acupuncture?
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Yea, like i said, i don't know if maybe its something that just can't be fixed by surgery. That would be disappointing, im sure for him as much as for us fans, but lets hope that's not the case.
  18. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Long term? We haven't made any noise in the league in nearly twenty years. How long term are we looking? Personally, I'm tired of looking from this abstract long term perspective. If Ware can play, if any player can play, they must play NOW, regardless of whether it ruins them physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Let's use them up and get new ones when the time comes.
  19. burmafrd

40,976 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    And I bet you are serious