Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ErikWilliamsHeadSlap, Mar 9, 2014.

1. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

3,354 Messages
    816 Likes Received
    guess i will get to watch him run behind qb.s against denver opponents now..talk about an over pay.
  2. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,583 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    Good for Ware, Jerry's head would explode if he were to get a ring.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

21,326 Messages
    11,348 Likes Received
    I realize they the example is too difficult for some people to understand.
  4. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,942 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    Maybe I missed something, I think this was a good move and one that needed to be done. Is this team headed in the right direction? Honestly I think JG has had a vision since he got here so maybe it is from that point of view; I don't however feel like the management has really changes anything, just not paying aging players hopefully but I still have absolutely no trust in the folks running the show.

Oh and what did I miss? When did Austin get released!
  5. cowboyvic

cowboyvic Well-Known Member

1,817 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    Thank you. what about this don't some cowboys fans g===============
    Thank you.
  6. xwalker

21,326 Messages
    11,348 Likes Received
    Yes, it's in the ESPN-Dallas archives. Just look in the time frame when they announced that Kiffin was hired and they were converting to the 4-3.

It probably in the CowboysZone archives also. It was discussed in great detail last year.

No, I'm not going to look up the exact page for you.
  7. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,313 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    Can't link it because it's a membeship, so I took a screenshot.

64 pass coverage snaps / 896 snaps = 7.14285% in 2012 with Rob Ryan, or 1 in 14 snaps he dropped into coverage.

8. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,724 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    2011 - no Luck = 2-14
    2012 - Luck as a rookie = 11-5 made the playoffs and lost
    2013 - 11-5 won in the first round of the playoffs and lost in the divisional round of the playoffs

that's as many playoff wins as the Cowboys have had in I can't remember how many years

I'd swap everything with the Colts from ownership down to the janitors and be happy as a lark
  9. erod

erod Well-Known Member

9,040 Messages
    6,690 Likes Received
    Well, He-of-Whom-We-Do-Not-Speak is certainly in on those discussions. I genuinely believe he intends to get that fixed first and foremost.

Add Crawford, Bass, Hayden, and Selvie to those two name, and you can see they're trying to just fill a roster now. These guys at least have NFL pedigree, unlike that cast of 27 misfits that rolled through here last year.
  10. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

4,148 Messages
    1,838 Likes Received
    Still doesn't take away the fact that playing with you hand on the ground is much more physical than not. He's not able to use his quickness as much and has to rely on strength. He's too small for that IMO.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

26,728 Messages
    21,295 Likes Received
    If they both end up as backups I have no problem with it.

However, if we don't do more along the DL in FA we will enter the draft in a position of great weakness and I can see these guys reaching for starters. I'd rather play another season with a cast of misfits than reach in the draft.
  12. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,313 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    It's more physical, but again, I don't think that was the huge factor to worry about. I mean, he had injury issues in 2012 also and didn't play well in the last half of the season. This year he barely made it to a quarter of a season.

Did the switch accelerate that? Possibly. Did his size? Well there are a lot of guys that are his size or smaller that do the same job, so I doubt it. Did the switch ruin his career? Absolutely not.

He's had injury issues since '09 and is turning 32. The switch didn't ruin anything; just may have exposed it.
  13. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    You are the god who can lead the world into understanding how to use tomorrow's money today. The one leader with vision. Oh wait...it's already been done for millennia.

Jerry and Daniel have been extending the cap ever since there was one. How well has that worked out for those losers?

It's loser talk. It's a foundation for itchy impulsive decisions that promote losing....and perpetuate losing.

It's a dumb losing thing to do.

Let's get real... Ware is a cap casualty. So you frauders who said payday would never come...are already hosed. Did Ware have a good contract? No, but the team has ZERO down-lineman heading into next season.
  14. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,154 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    But it didn't last.
  15. xwalker

21,326 Messages
    11,348 Likes Received
    Ware is not a cap casualty. Thery were under the cap with both Ware and Austin at their non restructured contract amounts. That is far from the definition of a cap casualty, but I don't expect you to understand that.
  16. Angus12

Angus12 Active Member

170 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Sure. Even though that has absolutely nothing to do with what you had said and what I was replying about.
  17. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

11,438 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    You'll have to remind me.
  18. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

35,404 Messages
    5,451 Likes Received
    Ah. OK.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

43,609 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    Well, those claiming Deware would not get serious money were as usual wrong.
  20. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

4,148 Messages
    1,838 Likes Received
    There aren't a lot of guys his size that play DE in a 4-3 and play it well.