1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ware says he was telling Bryant that with 12 seconds left, there's still time, the team needs you

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 29, 2013.

1. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Benched

97 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I didn't mean it that Dez really was feeling that way, just that I could understand it hypothetically speaking if it was a reason. I did a poor job of conveying that in my post, and I can see how it comes across like that.
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,007 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    The game was about the only thing he was focused on, clearly. Not what the perception of his actions would be, which is what some seem to think should have been #1 in his mind.

Like I said previously, if anyone thinks for a second that he wouldn't have gone back in with 11 seconds to go and done all he could to haul in a pass, they are fooling themselves. That's all the kid does, go 100%.
  3. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    DEZ was saying you should have been throwing the ball to me the hole game and we would not be in this mess.
  4. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Damn media pigs. Asking questions at charity events.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,910 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    We just don't agree Count. I believe he was distracted and not focused. I don't dispute that he would have given it his best but I question if it was the best he could be in that situation.

A focused Dez is very hard to stop. An unfocused Dez is not nearly as much trouble, no matter how much effort he might put into it.

That's my view on the matter.
    dstovall5 and WoodysGirl like this.
  6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,156 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    I believe it was 1:07. Regardless, a well coached team does not allow a 30+ yard bomb down the sidelines when the opposing team has no timeouts. That's exactly what you don't want to do in this situation. You want to keep players in the middle of the field and guard the sidelines so that time continues to run. That's coaching 101.
  7. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    You said it right Count. If the Cowboys would have got the ball to DEZ more, they would have won the game and then could have told Brian Bullcrap to shove his microphone up his butt.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,910 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    I agree but to be fair, that was a perfect pass and the coverage was there. The pass was simply perfect. Do I like it? No, I don't like it but that doesn't mean that I'm going to throw Garrett under the bus for that. There are things that I do not like but I just don't see that game as Garretts fault. There have been games where I thought the coaching staff was at fault but not that one.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,182 Messages
    5,735 Likes Received
    In the first audio? Yep. 2nd audio? Nobody knows, because it wasn't released.
  10. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    DEZ said you wouldn't be in this mess if you threw me the ball. 1st audio
    DEZ in 2nd audio don't do this next week throw me the ball.
    khiladi likes this.
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,904 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    I watch the games. Do you?

Dez goes to his spot and stays put. It's extremely rare to see him in the slot or in motion. Virtually never.
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,928 Messages
    1,981 Likes Received
    And so says Cowboys nation in chorus.. Jerry's World should just chant every game, "Throw Dez the ball!"
    dallasdave likes this.
  13. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Same can be said about any of our other receivers.

And again, I don't believe this stuff. It all goes back to coaching.
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,074 Messages
    1,806 Likes Received
    That is not to the fault of Dez. Blame the coaches for that one.
    khiladi likes this.
  15. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Yes, throw DEZ the ball and win games.
    khiladi likes this.
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Ah, the ol' "i watch the games" argument.. classic.

Yes, sir.. i most certinly watch the games that my favorite team plays.. thanks for asking.

Now, maybe you could begin to explain to all of us how Dez lining up at one position on Sundays is evidence that he can't learn other routes/positions, and not just evidence that our coaching staff is failing to utilize him how he would be most effective?
  17. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    1,565 Likes Received
    Just today Aikman was quoted as saying:

"Michael Irvin got doubled a lot, and there's routes that are very good vs. double coverage. But you then have to run good routes," Aikman said Thursday on KTCK-AM 1310 and KTCK-FM 96.7 "And if you're not running good, precise routes then it's hard to try and fit balls into tight spaces when you're a little unsure where a guy is going to be."

"To me, what I've seen of Dez, what I've watched on film, that's where he has to get better," Aikman said of Bryant's route running.

"He's extremely competitive when the ball is in the air. And when people challenge him, that's when he's at his best...But when there are guys around him, and there's safety help, his routes are not as precise. He's not nearly the route runner Michael Irvin was."

Seems to be some indication from someone who has watched Dez on film that he isn't the route runner he should be.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I would take Troy's word that Dez needs to get better.. but not to the point where you can't even throw it up in his direction and let him fight for the ball. I don't think you're going to lose many of those battles. Jmo.
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,977 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    That sounds like a pretty fair assessment to me.

Dez needs to fix that.
  20. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Cowbys need to fix end of game offense, don't try not to lose, win the dam game don't try to kill clock.