1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ware vs. RGIII

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by viman96, Aug 21, 2013.

1. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,528 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    What I dont get is why more DC dont just assign the DE to punish the QB and let LBs worry about the RB. After getting your franchise QB punished a few times they will go away from it no matter how many yards the RB gets.
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,133 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    You don't know what I blame for that. What you do know is that I put some of the blame for the final game of last year on the defensive coaches.

You shouldn't try to lump me in with a group of fans that you think you have pegged.

Just keep wearing that badge of a pessimist and be happy about that. Leave the clairvoyance to the psychics.
    Fletch likes this.
  3. BigD5

BigD5 Active Member

210 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    There's really no mystery on how to stop the option. All you have to do is have your DE contain and not let the Qb get outside just like a regular option play.

DE takes Qb. LB takes dive man(RB). I'm not really sure why or how defensive coordinators are so baffled by it.

If any of them are smart they'll make a call to Tuscaloosa Alabama and get the recipe on how to absolutely crush the spread/read option from Nick Saban
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,477 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    When combined with a decent passer, it's hard to defend.
  5. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Have far superior athletes on D then the other guy has on O?
    pancakeman likes this.
  6. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,397 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    I wanna see him do this to Elisha
  7. dffl11

dffl11 Member

492 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    you sir....(in my opinion ) are 100% correct......the def was ill prepared for something that everyone in the world knew was going to happen. It was extremely disappointing how unprepared they were in the skins game.......
  8. BigD5

BigD5 Active Member

210 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    They had equal talent on both sides of the field when they played Florida in 09 in the SEC Champ game and held them to 13 pts.

Among several other games in which they have crushed the spread offense-
    Clemson 08
    Texas 09
    Auburn repeatedly
    Florida '10
    Miss St '10
    Michigan '12
  9. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Arguably in every case above Alabama had superior talent save for that UF SEC title game. But even that 'Bama team was stacked.

Clemson '08 was highly overrated. Texas '09 McCoy gets injured early in the game, different ball game.

Cam Netwon ran all over Alabama in the 2010 Iron Bowl after being down big

UF '10, Miss St '10, UM '12 aren't even in the same universe as Alabama was talent wise
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,418 Messages
    1,896 Likes Received
    I was thinking that too. Ware really had no business being on the field that second game, and it really had to be frustrating.
  11. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,012 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Texas with Garrett Gilbert QBing? Maybe you should have left that one out.
  12. BigD5

BigD5 Active Member

210 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Texas with colt McCoy had the ball twice deep in Alabama territory and had 1st and goal on one of those possessions and scored a grand total of 3 pts before McCoy "got hurt"