1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wares Agent Recap - Jerry Apologized to Ware, On good terms and Ware did not talk with NFCE teams

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Zordon, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,463 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    For the combine comments
    Ware was ticked. According to his agent. Via 105.3.

Things are on good terms after the apology and early release. So much so he ignored all calls from NFC east teams.
    casmith07, Ntegrase96 and BigStar like this.
  2. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Shan Sharif of 105.3 the fan just did a 20 minute interview with Pat Dye Jr. (Ware's agent) who gave his side of the story. Just bullet points of the interview since the interview itself hasn't been released. Still on the editing room floor, but Sharif has gone over the major points so far.

• Ware was willing to take a pay-cut. The Cowboys didn't throw a number out at Ware, but rather let him test the market. Ware came back with his market value and the Cowboys did not fire on it.
    • Ware's camp was insulted, "irritated" and "agitated" by Jerry Jones comments at the combine. Notably upset to the point where Jerry had to call to apologize for speaking publicly like that
    • Overall it just seems like the Cowboys did not want DeMarcus Ware back.
    • Despite that, Ware was appreciative enough of the Cowboys that he did not even consider going to our NFCE counterparts even though they were very interested themselves.
    • Overall still on decent terms.

That's all that's really been said so far. The interview itself will come out soon.

Edit: Please merge if need be, just felt like it was newsworthy enough to not be hidden in the merge thread so quickly.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,119 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    He didn't want to mess up DW retiring a Cowboy...HOF, etc.
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,268 Likes Received
    There are many things I dislike about Jerry Jones, but the biggest thing for me is his big, fat mouth.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,061 Likes Received
    That's good stuff.

Except for the combine comments, this whole affair has been handled very professional. Applaud the Cowboys and Ware for doing it the right way.
    Fla Cowpoke likes this.
  6. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,720 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    What was said at the combine?
  7. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,080 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Good ole' Jerry. Still messing up badly. He even made Ware mad who was a class act to this organization. So Ware was willing to take a pay cut without an offer and yet we let him test the market? Sounds like very bad negotiation skills right there without any sort of planning. I bet we didn't even tell Ware we were going to cut his salary but instead went public with that news. Jerry really needs to work on his people skills which is important in his line of work. It sucks.
  8. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,010 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    It sounds like they were ready to move on
    Kaiser and BigStar like this.
  9. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    I think Jerry publicly stated that Ware could be a cap casualty or that they wanted him back, just not at his current price tag? Something along those lines I think.
  10. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,540 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is a moron in the truest sense of the word. Just doesn't understand the repercussions of the things he says, whether it be emasculating his head coach, talking about player injuries, or discussing what should be confidential roster matters openly with the media.
  11. Ntegrase96

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Well, no I think they made it clear they couldn't keep him at current salary, and Ware was okay with negotiating. Rather than hitting him with an initial number and possibly insulting him, they let him test the market to get an idea of what the number they'd be looking at would be. I guess it wasn't low enough.

It's funny that they were trying to avoid insulting him but Jerry ended up doing it anyway.
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Ware had every right to be ticked, but he handled it professionally. He went to Jerry personally. Good for him.
  13. Ntegrase96

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    He thinks he has a brain of a 40 year old man. But every time he opens his mouth and stammers in a circle like a drunk guy at last call it results in some kind of collateral damage.
  14. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    And yet there are STILL....STILL fans who will defend this clown to their grave. HE....HE....is the biggest problem in Dallas....and it is not even close.
    garrett316 likes this.
  15. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I heard him on 105.3 as well and it really sounded like Ware was willing to take some kind of pay cut but Dallas just felt like they should move on and/or knew there was no way he would accept *their* figure.

I think it's awesome that he didn't even consider the NFC East even though they were calling him. Love him even more for that.
  16. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    You can go to dc fanatic site and holley spoke of this. They got JJ clipping on there too..
  17. Ntegrase96

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    So much respect for him.
  18. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

285 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    I don't see how this could be considered as an insult, c'mon, grow up a little DeMarcus... cut all the respect bull****, this is about bussiness and that's the same reason he left.
    bsheeern likes this.
  19. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Maybe he did it on purpose. Idk but it seems the light bulb is going off & keeping Ware would have been a gamble financially and personnel wise.

2 straight years of being decimated by injuries makes you wonder, could 8-8 been 10-6 if not for having too many eggs in 1 basket. Rat, Ware & Spencer gave us nothing down the stretch both seasons due to injuries. If you're 25 then we can live with it. But if you are over 28, playing in the trenches is becoming a dinosaur exhibit.
    casmith07 likes this.
  20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    BigStar and daveferr33 like this.