1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Warren Moon: Justin Blackmon is Dez Bryant 'with all of his brain cells'

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  2. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    and mrs moon about knuckles.........................
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,806 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    I never forgot these comments from Moon, or some of the ridiculous posts I read in this thread. So I thought I'd update you all on "Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells" stats. Playing every game this year, 26 receptions, 250 yards, 1 TD. And he apparently only knows one route. Yes ladies and gentleman, this was the 7th overall pick in the draft
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    to be fair, who is throwing him the ball?? exactly.
  5. The Natural

4,806 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    Andre Johnson had David Carr and Tony Banks throwing him the ball his rookie year and still put up 900 receiving yards. Larry Fitzgerald put up 800 rec yards in his rookie season catching passes from Josh McCown. You're making excuses for a top 10 pick that just isnt that good
  6. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not making an excuse for anyone. All I am saying is I would expect Dez to have a better rookie season that Blackmon, just by looking at who is throwing them the ball. Andre Johnson and those QBs (which I would take either over Gabbert, anyways) have nothing to do with it.
  7. The Natural

4,806 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    It has everything to do with it. Blackmon isn't the only rookie WR taken in the top 10 to have bad QB play. The difference between Blackmon and the other WRs taken that highly is they still produced. Watch him play (who am I kidding, you probably havent seen the Jaguars play all year), he has no explosion, nowhere near the athletic ability of a Dez Bryant, and you had people calling this same guy T.O. lol
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ok, Blackmon sucks. I dont really care - haven't watched him, and wasn't trying to get in some sort of argument over it. It was just a quick observation that having a complete scrub as your Qb does not help a rookie. jeaze, it's like I kicked your dog or something...
  9. The Natural

4,806 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    all thats need to be said, I picked this up based on your comments but its all you really needed to say
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I still stand by my comment, even though I have not watched him. One that is extremely generic and most normal people would not argue - it is tough for a rookie receiver to put up good stats with a scrub throwing them the ball.
  11. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    If you want to compare Blackmon to another former OSU WR that was a first round pick it is Rashaun Woods. The only difference is that Woods pretty much wanted to go fishing instead of playing football before he took an NFL snap. He pretty much only played in the NFL to get enough money so he can live off his contract for the rest of his life. Blackmon just isn't any better talentwise than Woods and he wasn't good enough to make it in the NFL either.
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    You shouldn't, he stinks (and I have watched plenty of Jags games this season).
  13. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :banghead: please read. I never commented on the ability of Blackmon himself. I said I have never even watched the Jags play this year.

I will still stand by the comment that it is hard for a rookie receiver to put up good stats with a scrub QB throwing to him.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I actually had Kendall Wright as the best receiver in this class with Malcolm Floyd 2nd.

I never bought into the Blackmon hype. He just isn't that gifted physically.
  15. Joe Rod

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    This is a thread about Justin Blackmon, so perhaps the reading lesson would fall to you. Everyone can spew uninformed generalizations, but that doesn't change the fact that Blaine Gabbert is not the problem with Justin Blackmon. His problem is that he can't get off of press coverage or gain separation when he does.

If Drew Brees started QB'ing the Jags tomorrow, Blackmon wouldn't all of the sudden get better because Brees would look to the two other receivers that are actually getting open (Shorts and Robinson).

Blackmon needs to work on his game this offseason or the next QB up will look the other way as well.
  16. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    exactly, it was an uninformed generalization that I admit to. seriously, *** is wrong with people here just looking for an argument?? what I said does apply, however. Maybe there is more wrong with Blackmon than his QB, and I believe you guys that there is - as you have watched him and I haven't. But that does not take away my right to give a generalized statement (that everyone does believe as a fact) which does relate to the situation.
  17. Joe Rod

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    There are plenty of people that enjoy arguing, but I don't really place myself in that category. I felt that you were making a statement that did not apply to the situation as it pertains to Justin Blackmon, no more, so I wanted to bring it to your attention. There is certainly no harm in knowing more about Blackmon and the Jaguars' situation than what you started with, yes? :)

Attached is an article that I looked up for you on Blackmon and his struggles. It sums it up nicely. I think if he puts in the work this off-season he can adjust, but he is simply not used to being out-muscled by defensive backs after how easy it was for him in college and it is showing up on the field.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092137/article/justin-blackmon-hurting-blaine-gabbert-scout-says
  18. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you looked up for me, huh?? ohh, thank you so much!!!!

/sarcasm

I don't give a damn about this guy's situation.
  19. Joe Rod

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    It is a pretty quick Google search for someone that has stated several times in this thread that he feels people are just trying to argue with him.
  20. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

google search for what?? I am not getting your point. Why can I not state the fact most rookie WRs will struggle to put up numbers with a scrub QB throwing to them??

I am not claiming that to be Blackmon's only problem. Why do I need to know anything about Blackmon???

and, I see 2 times mentioning people trying to argue. not several.