1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Warren Sapp back handed D Ware compliment

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 30, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Brandon George ‏@dmn_george
    Warren Sapp on San Francisco 49ers LB Aldon Smith: "He's going to be the next DeMarcus Ware, only his sacks are going to impact the game."
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  2. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,014 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    the man is just speaking the truth
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    No he isn't.

Not in any way.

And who cares anyway. Sapp wishes he could be the overall human being that ware is.
  4. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Sapp is, and has always been, a tool.
  5. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,967 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Okay.....
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    If he's speaking the truth to you, you don't know jack about the game. Sapp is a IDIOT and takes shots at Ware all the time.
  7. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

890 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    I'd like to know why Sapp dislikes DWare so much. He also said DWare is not a leader, that he couldn't lead ants to a picnic. Hey Warren, you're retired buddy. You can stop talking trash now.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    I'd call that more of a back-handed insult. But, hey, Sapp's got to stay relevant to keep ahead of all that debt and to pay for all those groceries. :)
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,045 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    All sacks impact the game.
  10. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,479 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Ware doesn't get sacks when they matter the most, only garbage time sacks.............16 years of the same crap!
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    I am probably as big a fan of Aldon Smith as there is on this board. I wanted him very badly but we never had the opportunity. I saw him as a perfect compliment to Ware on the other side.

Having said this, I never thought he was Ware and I still don't. Smith has the advantage of Smith, who takes a great deal of pressure off of Smith. Smith needs this because he does not have the explosion Ware does off the snap IMO. He is very good, there is no question about that but he is not Ware. Ware is a different cat then anybody in the League at this stage. The only person, IMO, who comes close is Von Miller and he is not nearly as big as Ware.

I think Sapp is politicing here.
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I like sapp and he admits he's still. Cowboys fan but he's just being a smart . That's it
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Oooooh he got him!
  14. star_obssessed

star_obssessed New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really dont know if some of you guys actually watch the games. he has average impact on pressuring the qb or the rushing game. he is my favorite current cowboy, so i feel perfectly unbias when saying he is the most over rated player in the game. 90% of his sacks is only when tightends are blocking. and dont even start with the hole"HE IS ALWAYS DOUBLE TEAMED" excuse. watch jared allen and tell me demarcus has a bigger impact. you would be full of poopies.
  15. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,316 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Sapp is saying when Ware gets to the QB he doesn't make an impact, meaning he doesn't cause pain and turnovers like Smith.

So look at the numbers, sacks vs turnover ratio, you'll find there is some relevance to this.

Not sure why people take comments like Sapps personal. Afterall it's a game and young men play this game, with different qualities.

Ware probably has more sacks, Smith more turnovers, what's the big deal?

This is Coaching and the Overall Culture of the Team. Turnovers with Sacks impact more than Sacks without Turnovers, that's what.
  16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,863 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    I am not sure about his first statement but, despite his presence and yearly play, I am not sure if he is a leader. Heck I'm never sure who are leaders are. If I nominated one guy who I think could it would be Lee. But overall I've never gotten the leader vibe from Ware, Romo and some other bigger names.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    I think it's Carr, Lee and Rat on Defensive side of the ball. Soon, it could be Carter, it remains to be seen. Will be interesting to see what the future holds for Rat in this respect.

JMO
  18. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,316 Messages
    353 Likes Received

The two people that should be our leaders just aren't natural leaders.

Tony Romo and DeMarcus Ware couldn't lead a Turkey to Thanksgiving Dinner if they were dressed like Pilgrims.
  19. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,479 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    This whole team is nothing but a bunch of softies.....not one leader among them all

We will never go any with jerry and co at helm
  20. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yeah, he might have some money to his name still.