1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Warren Sapp back handed D Ware compliment

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  2. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    i could care less what Sapp said. Ware will rebound next season and have a great year for us.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    I think you're right and I think this part of the problem I've always had with Ware.
  4. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,699 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Preach bratha!! :bow:
  5. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Meh, Ware is a better player than Sapp ever was. He's also a better father.
  6. Chappy

Chappy Active Member

306 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Was about to say the exact same thing but you beat me to it.

Sapp is a goose and trying to get media attention and everyone bringing his name up which i suppose he is getting. He was nothing but a thug and a deadbeat and this comment confirms it.
  7. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    But what about Smith?! ;):D
  8. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Sapp is pissy because he never got to play for Dallas.
  9. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Ware is an outstanding player, butt a finesse player mainly. Cowboys need an enforcer on that team. A Bernard Pollard, Navarro Bowman type guy to give the defense a little identity.

Sapp is just trying to get a rise out of people, however I don't blame anyone for questioning Cowboy leadership.
  10. el_chevo

el_chevo El Serrano

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would any of you defending Sapp put faith in his words? He can't take care of himself and now is on the verge of losing everything because of his inability to manage his finances. Please...
  11. snapper

snapper Active Member

259 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    D on ESPN II right now.
  12. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,018 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Many here do NOT want to hear this...but it is the TRUTH. The numbers Ware, Witten, Romo put up top the all time Cowboy greats...yet nothing about them reminds me of the all time Cowboy greats. To think these guys will probably all be in the Ring of Honor one day....and if they are with only ONE playoff win...it would be a joke!
  13. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those cowboy greats also had great Oline and safety play...the TRUTH is those TEAMS were better.
  14. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    I see the light!!! Thanks for this revelation in my life!
  15. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,018 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Listen....TRULY great players elevate players of lesser talent. That is the mark of the BEST of the BEST. Micheal Irvin played alongside Kevin Williams and we won a Super Bowl. We won a Super Bowl with Larry Brown at CB. How many different safeties did we have in our Super runs (Thomas Everett, James Washington)...Nate Newton was a reject from other teams. I could go on and on. Our best players offered more than just stats on the football field. The culture in that lockeroom produced winning. I am not talking about the partying Micheal Irvin and some others did. I am talking about the passion for the game and the desire to be great. Before Emmit ever played a down he told Micheal Irving he was going to be the NFL all time leading rusher. That is someone with passion for the game. And Demarcus Ware, Tony Romo, Jason Witten etc....they have let way too many players come in their lockeroom and block their chance at winning. Those guys simply don't inspire others to acheive greatness.
  16. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hahaha so we should get rid of romo, witten and ware because they are holding this team back...all these capable super bowl players that have come through and romo, others have dragged them down :lmao: with their loser mentality...got ya. I also didnt know about romo and others letting players into the lockerroom...:lmao2:
  17. Wonderboyromo

Wonderboyromo Well-Known Member

1,120 Messages
    31 Likes Received

Why would it be easy to lead a turkey to a dinner where turkey's are being eaten? Who would be able to do that easily?
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    I can't stand Sapp, but he's largely correct on this.

Ware is a good player, but he's VASTLY overrated. He's not an every down force. He gets handled one-on-one most of the time with little issue.

He'll get two sacks in the first quarter, then disappear for the rest of the game.

I watched crappy King Dunlap own him this year. All by himself. Not the first time I've seen Ware struggle like that without being double-teamed. It's fairly common.

Ware is a lot closer to Tony Tolbert than he is Charles Haley. He just gets stats more like Haley, though not in the same way.
  19. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [redacted personal comment]...gets handled one on one most of the time...So coaches and players that say Ware is great are wrong and you know it all....got it.:lmao2:
  20. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All-Pro Teams

Year Team Level Voters 2006 2nd Team All-NFL Associated Press 20071st Team All-NFL Associated Press2007 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Writers 2007 1st Team All-NFL Sporting News 2008 1st Team All-NFL Associated Press 2008 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Writers 2008 1st Team All-NFL Sporting News 2009 1st Team All-NFL Associated Press 2009 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Writers 2009 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Focus 2009 1st Team All-NFL Sporting News 2010 2nd Team All-NFL Associated Press 2010 2nd Team All-NFL Pro Football Focus 2011 1st Team All-NFL Associated Press 2011 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Writers 2011 1st Team All-NFL Pro Football Focus 2011 1st Team All-NFL Sporting News 2012 2nd Team All-NFL Associated Press look at all these times hes been overrated...:lmao2:...these people know less than you.