1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Warren Sapp back handed D Ware compliment

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 30, 2013.

1. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    perception is half of reality...

somebody did a breakdown of ware's sacks by half, quarter, score, etc. and it was pretty consistent.

and when is a sack not a good thing?

warren sapp is a big bag of gas...he almost was fired for opening his fat mouth...
  2. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Roy OU made all-pro teams all the time. So did Andre Gurode. Means nothing.

I didn't say he wasn't a really good player. Just said he's overrated.

And you need to bone up on football a bit and watch the stinkin' game.

Again, King Dunlap OWNED him. And Dunlap is a gawd awful backup.
  3. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea keep backtracking....you said he was VASTLY overrated which wouldn't mean hes really good...that sounds to me like you are saying hes average likes hes tony tolbert or something :laugh2:...who btw only had one season with 10+ sacks...maybe you should learn football.
  4. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,792 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Ware is overrated. MANY on this board say he is a first ballot HOFer. They don't even question it. The guy has won ONE playoff game. How many Cowboys in the Ring of Honor have only won ONE playoff game? And for the record...I think Ware is a very good player. But he is not on the level of LT..and often people around here think he is.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,943 Messages
    3,881 Likes Received
    Hey everybody! How 'bout this: how 'bout we all play nice? Thanks.
  6. Idgit

27,943 Messages
    3,881 Likes Received
    The answer to that is 'zero, because players don't win playoff games. Teams win playoff games.'

And put me down as someone who expects Ware to be a first ballot HoF player, unquestioned, if he continues on his current career arc.
  7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    He is on Yahoo Radio Live on Radio Row now. Says "change is the norm" around Cowboys. Not chaos but change. Excited about the change and the season. Had a brace on from the labrum surgery. Said he had to warrior through the last 4 games.
  8. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Yeah, again I'll mention that Ware had more impact in his play this year than Aldon did if we're getting down to the nitty gritty of when and and what situation the big plays happened, doesn't mean that Ware didn't do his part. Maybe if he had justin smith, Bowman, Willis, Brooks, etc helping out...

Just because some of his Forced Fumbles weren't recovered by his teammates, or when they were, Romo threw/dropped the ball right into a bears' defenders lap for a pick/fumble six (that was a really odd play)

It's all perception. Because we aren't winning, Ware doesn't have an impact.

For the record, someone mentioned Jared Allen earlier and his impact. Over his career, Jared Allen has less forced fumbles than Ware, and less sacks (and less percentage of his sacks) coming in late, close game situations... that also didn't change this year.
  9. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Not fighting through your diction and literary skeelz. There are plenty of "experts" that see it the way I do. Now run along.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Stats are meaningless. WHEN they occur is more important than how many. Ware is always good for a sack or two when Dallas is up or down by four touchdowns. I don't count those.
  11. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Both times I prove you wrong, your only response is I dont know football or others see it how I do, run along?:lmao: You compared Ware to Tony Tolbert, maybe you should run along.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,813 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    D Ware on NFLN now
  13. Idgit

27,943 Messages
    3,881 Likes Received
    This notion that Ware's production is mitigated by when his big plays occur has been convincingly exploded in many previous threads. Just absolutely obliterated.

A quick forum search will produce the threads. Some of them were really great.
  14. bbailey423

4,792 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Well teams are made up of PLAYERS...and this current group of PLAYERS simply ain't getting it done...and that goes from the best players on the rosters....Romo, Ware, Witten etc...to the worse players on the roster. Romo will own every Cowboy passing record when he is done. Ware will own every Cowboy sack record when he is done. Witten will own every cowboys receiving record (other than TDs) when he is done...and if they don't ever win another playoff game or at least get to the NFC title game...all of them will be an era of Cowboy football I would rather forget!

We don't have one guy on this roster who will pull a Charles Haley...who was so disgusted with losing he punches a hole in the wall and tells Jerry to get Emmit signed. Emmit was signed that week and we went on to win the Super Bowl. I'm in ZERO mood to debate the greatness of ANYBODY on this roster...because NONE of them have busted a grape. And ALL of them appear way to content to pad their stats....get paid...and let Romo/Jones take all the blame!

Romo is the ONLY player who gets blamed for all the mediocrity in Dallas. And to hear DeMarcus Ware claim Rob Ryan (in only 2 years) was the best coach he ever had? And you wonder why things in Dallas are a MESS!

Even if he felt that way...you do not publicly throw your owner and head coach under the bus...who clearly felt it was time for Ryan to be gone.

So you can say TEAMS win...and sure, that is correct...but I am not feeling a whole lot of "team" in the comments Ware made! So I guess Ware should be able to seperate himself for the failure that is the Dallas Cowboys, because he has sacked the QB a bunch?
  15. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Is that why 10 of his 11.5 came in close game situations this year? Or 4 of his 5 forced fumbles came in close game situations? Or that roughly half of his sacks for his entire career came in close game situations?

I've only begun to quantify the 'WHEN' aspect with stats. Because surely you, nor anyone else, has seen every snap every player has played in the NFL. It's just not feasible. It's not even feasible that you've seen the majority of snaps most players have played. So we look at stats to try and avoid our own biases created by the fact that we've seen Ware for years and just kind of take him for granted... the grass is always greener.

Compare and contrast that with what Smith has done this year. Less forced turnovers (all in blowouts) a 5.5 sack game against a weak bears oline and in a blowout... really only 4 of his sacks game in close situations. Also, notice he hasn't registered a sack in the playoffs thus far.

I'd say Ware had a bigger impact, but a lot of times those impacts didn't come to fruition because of the team around him.
  16. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,325 Messages
    354 Likes Received

Why does Ware sound like he has a 12 year old girl tone to his voice?

No wonder he's not considered a leader, he just doesn't have the edge or that leading personality it takes to be a Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Michael Irvin type.

Even though Ware has been the best DE in the league for a Decade he doesn't posses the kind of attitude that demands responsibility across the entire spectrum of personnel from the Defense all the way to the man at the door taking your ticket.
  17. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    Lol at some of the Cowboys "fans" on here bashing the defensive player we've had in the last 15 years and a future HOFer. You guys are a trip.
  18. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,251 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: Really dude. Doesn't sound like a 12 year old girl. And I didn't know you have to have a certain type of voice to being a leader. This leader crap is so overrated.
  19. bbailey423

4,792 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Did you say he is the best Defensive Player we have had here in the last 15 years? Some of you just don't get it....it is BIGGER than stats.
  20. rantanamo

rantanamo Member

149 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Seriously, what has Aldon Smith done this playoffs? Overrated.