1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Was Deion more dominant in Dallas, Atl or San Fran

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, Jun 29, 2014.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Maybe you need to review your history.

He had more ints in Atlanta than he did in Dallas and SF COMBINED..and in less combined years.
    He also had more special teams TDs in Atlanta than the others combined too.

Also, later in his career, Sanders didn't do much tackling. He did much more of that in Atlanta. He even had 66 tackles playing as a cover corner one year.
    He also had a bunch of forced fumbles back then as well.

I mean no offense here,but you may want to rethink that Brett Farve in Atl comp.
    He is a great addition to their ring of honor.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,068 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Well..

I see your point.

But the Atlanta fans have never really had many Superstars in their history.

Tommy Nobis was about the only other and Billy White Shoes Johnson.

So don't be too hard on them.

Up until this last season they had a team building.

They blew it when Rob Ryan was fired at Dallas.

They should have scooped Ol' Robby.

He would have put them over the top for sure.

Not.
  3. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,068 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I know what you mean.

I distrust people who answer questions with another question.

My ex did that , too.

One of the reasons why we parted ways.

I began to see she had no intelligent point to make so she would deflect the question.

Sort of takes the fun out of it..right?
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,570 Messages
    840 Likes Received
    While I think Deion's skills peaked here in Dallas, I also think he never worked as hard here as he did in ATL.

But that said, I never seen any player go from 0 to 10 yds as fast as Deion. Would love to have him on any team for the entertainment value alone. I'll never forger the punt returns against the Gmen, looked like they had him surrounded and poof, he was gone. LOL
  5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,928 Messages
    1,981 Likes Received
    All I know if he clearly pass interfered on Michael Irvin in the championship game right in front of the referee, with that clear arm bar that halted the epic comeback by the Cowboys. I thoroughly believe the Cowboys would have won that game if that lack of a call didn't go down as it did. The only thing that stopped the Cowboys was the time.
    jazzcat22 likes this.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,324 Messages
    4,471 Likes Received
    Depends on who is asking the questions.
  7. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,461 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Well your trying to act like a smart dog. Why'd you choose "big dog" as your name ?
  8. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,390 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    I'd say he was at his peak in 94 with the Niners. But he was good for us in 95 and 96. Then went downhill after the toe injury.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    1994 was his best season, but he was just as good of a player from 1995-1997. Wasn't until 1998 when he had the toe injury that he slowed down.
  10. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,026 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Just imagine how good he could have been if he didn't spend his younger years playing outfield for the Braves and Reds.
  11. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,334 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Amazing in Dallas.....when the other team intentionally punts the ball out of bounds their side of midfield to avoid kicking it to him, they are seriously afraid, and that happened several times when we had him back there. He was no bruiser, but he was not the pathetic tackler people made him out to be either...I never saw a receiver or RB go for a TD on a missed tackle....if someone had the guy, he wasn't looking to add a hit, and he arm tackled a lot, but he almost always got the guy to the ground.
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,403 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Great at all stops prior to the toe/back injuries, but I'd have to say Deion late in his tenure with ATL was at his best. That carried over to SF...
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,021 Likes Received
    I think Alt considering he was not even playing full seasons due to baseball.
  14. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    I say the 49ers. Don't think they get to the SB without him.
  15. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,259 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Agree, and that's why he was brought in. A one year deal. I agree with others tihs was his best year, but his contribution to a team was with Dallas. He helped us win a SB also.

Remember Kevin Smith was out that year with an Achilles tendon injury [I think it was that] and Larry Brown started that year. With the QB's staying away from Deion, and picking on Brown, that turned out pretty good of an impact for our defense. Now maybe Brown had some help because Deion didn't nned it. But that still proved big.

He was emerging in Atlanta, but they never really had the talent to help get that far, but he did make them much better, as he was a threat everytime he touched the ball, PR, KR and at DB.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,324 Messages
    4,471 Likes Received
    Been my nickname for as long as I can remember.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,450 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    His 1 year in SF was probably his most dominate 1 season.

Atlanta was where he probably had the best run of years.
  18. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    How would you possibly be able to prove either one?
  19. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Should have thrown it to Irvin every time they lined up in single coverage, Michael had his number in their Prime, nobody was as good at running routes and taking DBs out of their game.

... they are both real pukes off the field.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,021 Likes Received
    I agree. Deion was not going to hammer a guy he would arm tackle but he still got the guy down. Teams avoided him both as a CB and as a return man.

He did pretty darn good in Dallas as well